• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Shooting Glasses

Re: Shooting Glasses

Yes I do hit me in a PM and I will send your way.

I wear crossbows for day to day use and I wear ICE for all my shooting stuff!!

@ Lone, good review. Won't really worry about humidity here in Vegas. Feels like the 2x Kit is better than the 3LS kit, least you get two frames.

I might get yelled at here but I actually prefer to not wear any safety glasses when shooting my bolt gun. I do have some Oakley gascans that I use for pleasure. However seeing as they are white I think they'd only work in the artic.

I dont shoot at steel and my one eye is closed and the other is behind a scope. I don't really see how anything could come back at me with enough force to hurt me.

Now if shooting skeet or my .22 or handgun at steel I'll always wearing glasses.

@ General. It's interesting you said that. I only shoot at the range so no choice or suffer tongue lashing. BUT I forgot one time to put it back on and I was thinking to myself, man I feel so comfortable, shooting well

...and then got yelled at.

It definitely feels more natural without safety glasses for me but enough to risk my vision? Nah. Too many variables.

Yea it is wayyyyy more comfortable without glasses. When I shoot on private property its never closer than 100 yards and not on steel. My shots go into a pond so I dont think theres much to worry about. I'm not advocating shooting without eye protection, but I will say it is much more comfortable

I don't generally wear them when I am shooting my bolt gun. I don't like the extra layer between my eye and the optics. I have been doing that for a LONG time. It may not be the smartest thing, but it's a calculated risk.

Anything else that throws brass and I don a set. When I put on an entry vest something is ALWAYS covering my eyes.

I've never had it happen, but suppose you would be glad you're wearing eye protection if you blow a primer or have some other case failure.

What about Gargoyles? They have their Ballistic Defense lense line of eye protection!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOPO-sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've never had it happen, but suppose you would be glad you're wearing eye protection if you blow a primer or have some other case failure. </div></div>

I have seen this happen before on multiple occasions.

once again if you need a code drop me a PM!! For all the guys that have got it and have got there glasses please post some feedback.

Thanks

I really like these glasses for shooting. They are comfortable and when looking down the scope there appears to be no distortion of target, money well spent.

Thanks Nomad,

Anytime guys. Not only are they great eye pro but great sunglasses as well.

Any more feedback on your ESS eyewear?

I have a pair and they do triple duty as motorcycle glasses, range glasses, and sunglasses when my Oakleys aren't handy. Light, comfortable, good "wrap" and side protection. Gonna order another set and dedicate it to the range bag.
And to the above posters commenting on shooting bolt guns without glasses, I've been on the line when primers have blown, and in EVERY CASE the shooter's eye pro was damaged. Shoot enough, and it will happen to you. My .02, and why I wear glasses when I shoot pretty much anything.
ESS glasses aren't cheap, but they're damn good. What's your eyeball worth?

1911fan

1911fan

Has anyone tried Randolph Engineering? I've been looking at these, but they are pricey.

Dont forget if you are ordering ESS eyewear to drop me a line for that 40% off promo code!!
smile.gif
that should help bring that price down nicely for you.

Have worn Randolphs for over 4 years. Great selection of lenses; I have clear, yellow, and medium gray sets.

Great advantage is adjustability of nose pads to elevate or lower to your particular face shape. My optician is a shooter and tweaked mine to perfection.

I got my ESS glasses today. I got the whole ICE kit. Looks badass so far! Gonna give them a try with some hunting and shooting this weekend. Thanks for the hookup NOMAD!

I usually use Wiley's for shooting, but picked up a pair of Revision Sawflys with kit for $25 shipped and am really pleased.

Not sure if I'm down with wearing the Sawflys for fashion's sake, but for functional shooting/tactical glasses, they are pretty slick. Great view and fit. The bridge is nice and wide; great for plus-size noses.
grin.gif

Never used ESS glasses, but use their Profile goggles for riding and the lens clarity is beautiful!

You only have one set of eyes protect them!!

If you need a 40% code for ESS drop me a PM

I wear Oakley Flax with burnt orange lenses. Best investment imho.

Having a great response for great eyewear!!

Hit me up if you are looking at saving 40% while protecting your eyes!

+1 for the Oakley M Frame...oakley also has a great discount program for Military/LE...I have a frame and a set of lenses for all conditions, really good stuff.

Bump for a important topic of keeping your eyes safe!!

I also have a 40% discount for anyone still needing sunglasses or eye pro.

Drop me a line

I've had oakley,maui jims and costa's. I have liked them all. Currently wearing maui jims

I wear Oakley Flax and they do the trick. They're pretty much my work(EMS) and shooting glasses. They fit my head pretty well over many other styles I've had over the years. Plus they hold up well...

Another vote for Rudy's. I have the Noyz glasses and they are great, especially for uspsa and idpa shooting. The clarity is awesome, and they are a great sponsor of most all shooting sports. As of two months ago, check out of e-rudy.com and use the code "2alpha" and get 40%off. They have a money-back guarantee, so worth checking out....

I always use a cheap pair of construction glasses. As long as they are clear they work for me. I am not a good enough shot to know the different though

CJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a pair and they do triple duty as motorcycle glasses, range glasses, and sunglasses when my Oakleys aren't handy. Light, comfortable, good "wrap" and side protection. Gonna order another set and dedicate it to the range bag.
And to the above posters commenting on shooting bolt guns without glasses, I've been on the line when primers have blown, and in EVERY CASE the shooter's eye pro was damaged. Shoot enough, and it will happen to you. My .02, and why I wear glasses when I shoot pretty much anything.
ESS glasses aren't cheap, but they're damn good. What's your eyeball worth?

1911fan

1911fan </div></div>

Good point, but at long range for precision shots, I refuse to wear eye pro. The extra glass ads a variable I'm not willing to accept. In assault mode I'll keep them on. If the shot is within 400 meters and not low percentage I have no problem with eye pro. Otherwise they come off. When I wear eye pro it is usually Oakley M-frame clear lens. Oakley or ESS goggles shooting out of a bird.

Anyone shoot with the ESS Crossbow with the Rx inserts? I like the wrap around style but I don't know about the inserts for correction. I am looking at the CDI and Flyby versions also.

I vote RudyProject. They support shooting sports such as IPSC and USPSA. They have photochromic / impactx / polarized lenses that are really neat. I won a pair of a prize table that have the photochromic/impactx and from all the ads, I can basically hit them with a hammer and the lens is guaranteed not to break. Look at videos on youtube as well. The reason why this feature was important to me is when I shoot steal sometimes fragments come back and hit me in the leg. If one where to hit a lesser lens, it could damage my eyes.

I'm not affiliated with them in anyways, just a firm believer in there products.

SS

Thanks for the promotion code, Nomad. I tried to use is on an optics website but no joy. Where did you guys order your ESS sunglasses using the code?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAT_Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the promotion code, Nomad. I tried to use is on OpticsPlanet website but no joy. Where did you guys order your ESS sunglasses using the code? </div></div>

ESS official website

I use ESS ICE Naro's, as I have a pretty slime face. Got the kit, which included both the black tinted and clear glasses. The clarity is really good and the glasses are lightweight. I didn't use eye protection before these, so I don't have anything to compare it to. Figured you can't replace your eyes, so I've been wearing them every time I've gone out shooting since I've got them and have been really happy.

They get two thumbs up for me! Now I just need to try out my surefire earpro ep4's...

Yell if you need a code guys!!! I am more then happy to help you out!!