• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting mat, gun case

ArmyJerry

fukallyall
Banned !
Nov 22, 2012
Kicking Ass Somewhere
Getting old, looking for a dual purpose mat / case to start shooting prone again, yes I am old and becoming a puss, my elbows are worn out and don't need any more scarring, any advice appreciated.

I hate to say it but if you are on a small budget an dont plan on getting super rough with it, go with a NcStar shooting mat/case for about $70. I have one that I have used for a couple years now and it is holding up great. With that said, some of the little more expensive ones will be made in the USA and will have better padding on them.

What I have generally found is that when you try to make one piece of gear do two separate tasks, it does neither well.

I use a shooting mat and have a separate rifle case or I carry the rifle in an Eberlestock pack.

There are a ton of options for shooting mats some cheap, some good. Some are very good. I have used cheap and I have used very good. Giving us an idea of what you consider an acceptable cost would help up better advise you.

Ive put my erbelstock shooting mat through the wringer, durable and still comfortable

I second the galati mat. Very Cush. Very organized and very well thought out

Night eagle

I also like the Galati, it was one of the few case/mats that would handle my 48" long Sako. It may be a little too soft but it does insulate you from the ground.
1000%2520Yard%2520Line.jpg

Attachments

• 1000 Yard Line.jpg
    1000 Yard Line.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 20
I give the Galati a thumbs up as well, sold the Blackhawk for a profit and got the Galati. It's made well, a bit softer than the BH but I like the way it holds your gun in.

I got the Midway Pro shooting mat and that thing is very nice, The shooting mats that double as a bag just dont do the job as well IMO.