• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

shooting mats

looking for a good shooting matt for a christmas present. any suggestions on who makes the best one?

Galati Gear Deluxe Shooters Mat - Galati Gear*::*Shooting Mats*::*Deluxe Shooters Mat

It is amazing. It is basically three in one: shooters mat, drag bag and rifle case. I have used one for about 5 rifle competitions and love it.

They range from $180 to $250 on Amazon.com. Here is the tan one I purchased: Amazon.com: Galati Gear Shooters Mat: Sports & Outdoors

Merry Christmas sir!!

The TAB mat is where its at. Nice and compact and water proof.

The case/mat's in one are a good concept but unless you're only unfolding it at a range with a nice concrete slab its going to get dirty and wet. That dirty is going to get on your rifle and in your vehicle. With a seperate case and mat you can toss the mat in a plastic bag if it gets nasty.

IMO the TAB mat and a separate case is the way to go. I've been using a TAB rifle cover and really like it for its compactness as well, it and the mat make a good setup.

TAB, and also (dare I say it) the Midway mat is pretty nice. Not real portable, but good for going to the range, etc.

TAB is nice compact and easy to store, not real cushy. Good for match use.
The Midway competition mat is the size of a twin bed, with about as much cushion, great for long sessions at the range, not so much for a match.
IMO

The TAB mat is where its at. Nice and compact and water proof.

The case/mat's in one are a good concept but unless you're only unfolding it at a range with a nice concrete slab its going to get dirty and wet. That dirty is going to get on your rifle and in your vehicle. With a seperate case and mat you can toss the mat in a plastic bag if it gets nasty.

IMO the TAB mat and a separate case is the way to go. I've been using a TAB rifle cover and really like it for its compactness as well, it and the mat make a good setup.

I agree that having a second mat is good. That is why I have the Eberlestock Magic Carpet Shooting mat: Eberlestock: Magic Carpet Shooting Mat

It is waterproof and keeps all of the dirt and dust off my Deluxe Mat. The TAB mat is nice because you can pack it away or attach to your pack.

It all really depends on what kind of shooting you are doing and how much you are on the move.

TAB mat right up until you have to use it on frozen ground in sub zero temperatures. Then you start to want something with a bit more insulation.

Custom and comfy?
-$$-$$$ Creedmore or Champions choice - Shooting Mats - Shooting Mats & Kneeling Rolls | Creedmoor Sports
Cheaper and bulky?
-Midway Shooting Mats | Shooting Benches Mats Rests & Bags
-Voodoo Voodoo Tactical Advanced Padded Shooting Mat
Just something to keep you out of the dirt and that rolls easily?
-$$ Tab https://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/tactical-gear/tab-pollack-shooting-mat.html
-$ Primary Arms on sale now for $29 https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-Arms-Shooting-Mat-Black-p/pagssm.htm
Hate to admit it but I have one of each of the above and just received the Primary Arms mat yesterday....I also have a mat or two that I've made. The Primary Arms mat is light, rolls small and is relatively waterproof / resistant. For the money, it's hard to beat.

Triad stuff is awesome I also have a cheep midway that rides in the back of the truck under the canopy of corse year round

I agree that having a second mat is good. That is why I have the Eberlestock Magic Carpet Shooting mat: Eberlestock: Magic Carpet Shooting Mat

It is waterproof and keeps all of the dirt and dust off my Deluxe Mat. The TAB mat is nice because you can pack it away or attach to your pack.

It all really depends on what kind of shooting you are doing and how much you are on the move.

I'm also in the market for a good shooting mat, does anyone have the dimensions of this eberlestock mat?

I'd Like To See A More Detailed Picture Of The Metal Strap Hooks. I Think I'd Rather Have The Plastic Buckles - They Seem Faster To Use & Probably Easier To Get Replacements If Damage Does Occur.

Custom and comfy?
-$$-$$$ Creedmore or Champions choice - Shooting Mats - Shooting Mats & Kneeling Rolls | Creedmoor Sports
Cheaper and bulky?
-Midway Shooting Mats | Shooting Benches Mats Rests & Bags
-Voodoo Voodoo Tactical Advanced Padded Shooting Mat
Just something to keep you out of the dirt and that rolls easily?
-$$ Tab https://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/tactical-gear/tab-pollack-shooting-mat.html
-$ Primary Arms on sale now for $29 https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-Arms-Shooting-Mat-Black-p/pagssm.htm
Hate to admit it but I have one of each of the above and just received the Primary Arms mat yesterday....I also have a mat or two that I've made. The Primary Arms mat is light, rolls small and is relatively waterproof / resistant. For the money, it's hard to beat.
How do you like the primary arms mat vs the tab mat pro vs cons? Any one else have these two mats they seem to have the same dimensions

TAB Gear Pollock Mat is slightly lighter fabric(1000 denier vs. 1250) uses branded components like Cordura and Fastex(optional) is made in the USA and sold by folks who live and breath shooting and support shooting sports- cost with Fastex buckles is $72.50.

Primary Arms Mat is slightly heavier, uses component that are not branded, is made in China and only comes in two colors(black or Coyote)-cost is $29

Quality is great on both but I just don't give a damn about my Primary Arms unit...it's a cheap tool-think anything you buy at Harbor Freight but better quality. I use it and abuse it.

Both are light, compact and decent quality but by no means plush or comfy when compared to the Creedmoore or Midway mats.

If you can afford the TAB Mat, buy it. If not, get the Primary Arms.

TAB Gear Pollock Mat is slightly lighter fabric(1000 denier vs. 1250) uses branded components like Cordura and Fastex(optional) is made in the USA and sold by folks who live and breath shooting and support shooting sports- cost with Fastex buckles is $72.50.

Primary Arms Mat is slightly heavier, uses component that are not branded, is made in China and only comes in two colors(black or Coyote)-cost is $29

Quality is great on both but I just don't give a damn about my Primary Arms unit...it's a cheap tool-think anything you buy at Harbor Freight but better quality. I use it and abuse it.

Both are light, compact and decent quality but by no means plush or comfy when compared to the Creedmoore or Midway mats.

If you can afford the TAB Mat, buy it. If not, get the Primary Arms.
Thanks for the info PDXGS I think ill go with the Primary Arms can't beat the price and if I don't like it I won't feel to bad.

Got a TAB Shooting Mat (Tan) under the tree right now... Haven't got my hands on it but apparently people say its pretty awesome! Sure do hope so!