• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting mats

+1 for CrossTac. I have the roll up version it's nice, but I would consider it a little narrow.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I never even noticed that they make a roll up version. I love the rail concept. Could you answer a couple of questions?

Do you have the padded version?
Did you get the long version?
How wide is it?

There is little dimensional information on their site.

Thanks in advance

I've started making my own shooting mats. I incorporated bipod straps similar to the full spectrum shooting mat. However, the mat is much larger (31"W x 58" L) I like having the bipod tensioning straps as they make for a solid shooting platform. The mat isn't too thick as to be bulky, the bulk has been kept to a minimum by using a 3mm yoga mats for padding. If you want to upgrade, the yoga mat can be pulled out and replace with a thicker material. The nicest part is that the mat has a full 31" width of padding across the shoulders/elbow for your shooting comfort!

Attachments

• Shooting Mat.JPG
    Shooting Mat.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Mat at St Vith.JPG
    Mat at St Vith.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Shooting Mat Bipod straps.JPG
    Shooting Mat Bipod straps.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 62
Every shooter that I have seen that uses there dragbag as a shooting mat has a bunch of dirt and debris inside the case with their rifle.

Having said that, I recently purchased a Tiad dragbag/gun case which I LOVE! It is also designed to be used as a mat with a lot less junk inside to hold debris. A good shake with it flat open and it is clean......

https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-...arry-Case.html

It comes in 42" & 52" lengths ( NOTE TO TRIAD: Make a longer version for suppressed long guns.... please!)

Attachments

• photo50110.jpg
    photo50110.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 42
  • photo50112.jpg
    photo50112.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 45
  • photo50111.jpg
    photo50111.jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: ronon
Thats very nice Max, thank your. Our shooting mats are just as cool ;-)
https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Padded-Shooting-Mat.html

On the shooting mat above with the bipod rail. What do you do if you want to transition left/right to a different target? Do you pan the rifle and just push/load at an angle to the rail,(Does this cause the rifle to want to walk away from your?) or do you get up and re-position the mat so your are square to each target?

Every shooter that I have seen that uses there dragbag as a shooting mat has a bunch of dirt and debris inside the case with their rifle.

Having said that, I recently purchased a Tiad dragbag/gun case which I LOVE! It is also designed to be used as a mat with a lot less junk inside to hold debris. A good shake with it flat open and it is clean......

https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-...arry-Case.html

It comes in 42" & 52" lengths ( NOTE TO TRIAD: Make a longer version for suppressed long guns.... please!)

I use my drag bag as a mat. It carries at least a half gallon of dirt. I like to think of it as biodegradable insulation!

I just shake it out on occasion to relieve it, and make sure my scope caps are tight.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I love my Midway USA padded shooting mat. If you keep an eye out, you can often find their nicer padded mats on sale. The one I have normally goes for $99 and I was able to pick it up for $59.

I love my Midway USA padded shooting mat. If you keep an eye out, you can often find their nicer padded mats on sale. The one I have normally goes for $99 and I was able to pick it up for $59.

That's what I use most often. I like the extended front that helps curb some of the muzzle dust blast.

Ooh that Triad bag/mat looks nice, looks like a much cleaner solution. You hit the nail on the head with the dragbag/carrying case bags... Mine gets dirt all up in it, when I pack up the gun, it makes the gun look like I dragged it through the dirt, even when it never touched the ground...

Ooh that Triad bag/mat looks nice, looks like a much cleaner solution. You hit the nail on the head with the dragbag/carrying case bags... Mine gets dirt all up in it, when I pack up the gun, it makes the gun look like I dragged it through the dirt, even when it never touched the ground...

Yea, I hate the other mall-ninja over-produced nosecone drag bags out there. I was happy to pay much more for this quality piece of kit.

I never even noticed that they make a roll up version. I love the rail concept. Could you answer a couple of questions?

Do you have the padded version?
Did you get the long version?
How wide is it?

There is little dimensional information on their site.

Thanks in advance
Sorry i didn't get back sooner I just saw this question. I have the padded version but I don't know if I have the long version. I've had it for about 2 years, the dimensions of mine are 27.5"x58.5"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If your not trying to be high speed tier 1 operator.

Go down to wally world and buy a small throw rug. You can get them about any size you want.

Any interest in a heated shooting mat? it would be portable and washable. On the high setting the battery would last for about 3.5 hours. Just curious to see of there is any interest in it...

Reactions: Gunwild
I got the voodoo tactical. It has some padding, but still light weight. It's only big enough for the shooter. They roll up nice and neat, easy to attach to a pack.

Here's one I developed last year.

Has provisions to put your bipod feet into to load it up.
Removable blast mat available in 2 sizes.
Slots on the back side to put closed cell foam for some added comfort.

Attachments

• photo54339.jpg
    photo54339.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 48
  • photo54342.jpg
    photo54342.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 50
  • photo54343.jpg
    photo54343.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 40
  • photo54344.jpg
    photo54344.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 46
I just read a review on it as I was really looking at one, but man it's small!

Covert is as Covert does.

Plenty of good feedback on the scout site.

Yes it is. Seems like they focused on providing protection from the waist up versus your legs as well. It has a lot of nice features though.

Where do I buy one of these! You did a great job!

Redman is that designed to fold up or roll up? Will you be selling the foam inserts, I'de rather buy one with the foam already in and not have to futz around pushing a limp noodle into a virgin hole.

Gelati shooters mat is what I use. Makes a great case/mat combo. I'm 6'1 so I went with the deluxe so my knees are on the padded area of the mat. I'll be purchasing a standard size as well as it fits perfect in my storm case.

I thought I chimed in, but...... I use my Voodoo tactical drag bag/soft case/padded shooting mat is the bomb. At $200 I think it's a a bargain and serves double duty.

I also have been looking at the Triad roll up mat, no padding. $75ish.

I use the TAB Gear Shooting Mat and like it a lot. It is not big enough for a shooter and spotter but is plenty big enough for just a shooter. I really like the foam section on top for elbow placement on hard surfaces. I also really like that it is waterproof so if it gets dirty just hose it off

I ise a cabelas shooting mat that i have been bery pleased with. Its their higher end one and cost about $70-$80 i think. Its padded nicely and has a couple storage pouches on it.

Yes it is. Seems like they focused on providing protection from the waist up versus your legs as well. It has a lot of nice features though.

I designed the SORD Shooting Mat, it was never intended specifically for range use, where you can lay all your gear out and take up 400 meters of land getting ready.
It was built to fit inside the back of an ALICE frame on a pack, fold up small, not be overly heavy but still pack a heap of features and offer SOME protection from the elements below. Foam padding from groin up to elbow wing area. We were well aware that it would not be overly attractive to the more static / range-focused shooters however it was absolutely designed for Recon / Snipers who are laying up in an OP or FFP with weight and size restrictions. Betting than laying on wet cold ground for days at least.

Very happy with the design, still use it often. I hope this helps some make an informed choice.

Reactions: Jamesr1
I thought I chimed in, but...... I use my Voodoo tactical drag bag/soft case/padded shooting mat is the bomb. At $200 I think it's a a bargain and serves double duty.

I also have been looking at the Triad roll up mat, no padding. $75ish.

Ian,
The Triad Padded Shooting Mat (TT-PSM) is fully padded. The PSM is in a niche between the compact/thin mats like TAB or Rifles Only, and the trunk monsters like the big ones from Midway/Galati. The difference is the thickness of the padded. Ours is just enough that you notice the padding, but thin ehough to keep the size of the mat reasonable. Unlike most of the really big mats, the PSM is made in the USA.

https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Padded-Shooting-Mat.html

The Triad and RO mats work very well for me. Which one I pack depends on where I'm shooting. Both are quite compact, however.

As a spotter, I use a GalatiGear "Deluxe" shooting mat/rifle bag with shoulder and waist straps,1.25" thick pad, pouch for suppressor and two accessory pouches for data book and extra ammo,etc., drag handle, about 9.lbs empty. I am not aware of any single Shooting mat that is large enough to accommodate the spotter and shooter together. I just bring my mat up along side(off-set) to whom ever I'm spotting for.

Last edited: