• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Shooting mats

Dude I ran it in November & December in AR for 5 weeks where it would be frozen ground in the AM and mud after lunch. Never had an issue with the part of me on it getting wet. It hoses off easily and dries quickly. We would have to scrape and spray the mud off at night and the next morning it was dry and ready for use. It’s a great mat that I definitely recommend. You can’t beat the weight, size, and use of it.

Rolls up super quick and is really durable. Just get the metal D ring straps and not the QD fastex clips because plastic will always break at the worst time.

Here’s some pics.

I keep it strapped to the bottom of my MR 3DAP during transport and had some Velcro added to the left and right corners. I’m right handed so the left side is for velcroing a range card and the right side is my brass bag.

Purrrrfect. Placing order. Thank you.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Bought a cabelas brand four years ago for $79 and have never looked back. They have a lifetime replacement and it’s tough as hell. Drawback it’s too big to pack around all day at a match but for the house or local range it’s awesome

+1 but it can get a little uncomfortable when shooting in the sun.

Bought a Voodoo Tactical Padded Shooting Mat. The price was decent (around $79 or so). I took it to an Appleseed. Ok, the Appleseed was indoor, and the range floor was concrete, so pretty slippery. But, I also found the top surface of the mat to be fairly slippery, and my arm would slip around under the rifle. Do other mats do this?

After a season using the Midway, I think I"m gonna upgrade to a Crosstac.

The Midway is fine and inexpensive but I'm getting tired of fighting it to fold it up. I don't think I've folded back correctly since I unfolded it the first time. The Crosstac folds to keep the upside clean and downside down. A bit bigger 'folded' package but I'm not in need of a compact shooting mat at this point.

I have a midway pro and a midway competition. I tend to always grab the competition one.

After a season with my midway mat I’m extremely happy with it. Texture on the mat is good to keep you from slipping around, front strap holds the bipod well, really durable and comfortable, my range you lay on gravel so a good thick comfortable mat is a must. Haven’t tried it in wet grass yet, I would assume it would do fine, it’s suppose to be water proof

I use a www.galtigear.com "Elite" Model #55120 in O.D Green. As far as any accumulating dirt/mud or dust goes I remove it with a little Hot Soapy water and a scrub brush, hose it off and hang it to dry. When it comes to the Mat Color that's up to you. I didn't choose black because I didn't want to bake on a black mat in the mid to late day sun in the Summer, which in my area can reach 100-110 degrees during the heat of the day, and can be below freezing during the in the early A.M. before sun rises. During Winter last year -20 for 3 days was the coldest time on the ground but wearing multiple layers of Wool and some Gortex took care of that cold.

U.S.M.C.

After a season with my midway mat I’m extremely happy with it. Texture on the mat is good to keep you from slipping around, front strap holds the bipod well, really durable and comfortable, my range you lay on gravel so a good thick comfortable mat is a must. Haven’t tried it in wet grass yet, I would assume it would do fine, it’s suppose to be water proof

in the soggy winter forest conditions I lay a tarp down underneath it because eventually it will seep through.
I’m thinking of spraying the bottom with some water repellent as well.

Hard to beat the Midway mat for the price...
20191105_100206.jpg

Reactions: WT1
After a season using the Midway, I think I"m gonna upgrade to a Crosstac.

The Midway is fine and inexpensive but I'm getting tired of fighting it to fold it up. I don't think I've folded back correctly since I unfolded it the first time. The Crosstac folds to keep the upside clean and downside down. A bit bigger 'folded' package but I'm not in need of a compact shooting mat at this point.

Crosstac is nice. I don’t regret getting it at all.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Another vote for Midway. Been 9yrs now and it's still going strong

I agree. I haven't had mine for 9 years, only 4 but still going strong. Had it out a couple of weeks ago and the weather turned into a full on rainstorm while we were 700 yards away checking targets. After sitting out the rain for 10 minutes, came back to the gun to find nice set of puddles on the mat so it's fairly waterproof. Picked it, drained it off, put it back down and went back to work for the rest of the day. It rained on and off for the day as well. Didn't feel any moisture seeping up from the bottom as we changed locations.

The Cabela's mat doesn't look that bad. It seems a little wider than many at 35" and it is only 73.5 inches long.

Last edited:
@Ramrod00 was selling a waterproof shooting mat for $40 that rolls up small. Great for inside or outside of your pack. I had him add loops at the corners for stakes.

Reactions: WT1
Had to stop selling on them on the hide. I needed to get a $1500 commerial account to continue selling. They are on ebay under "water proof shooting mat " or email me at [email protected].