• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Shooting my Xmas gift today...JP-15

BgBmBoo

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
My buddy and I went out this morning in the 29 deg. temps and killed a coyote followed by me slipping on the icy rocks and tweaking my back.
So as if that was not good enough I decide I should go out and sight in my new JP-15 my loving wife got me for Christmas.

Got to range and it was starting to rain a bit....what the heck...no pain...no pain...right??

So I get set up at 100 yards and loaded up some Federal 40gr Nosler factory ammo into a few mags.
First group was nice until I pulled one of my shots. Adjusted the scope a bit and five more shots. Look'in good so far. A few more clicks and I am right there.
At this point it is starting to really rain so I load up and head home.

I am very pleased with the rifle. It shoots just like my other JP. I am pretty impressed with the little 1-4X Bushy 4200 scope. I could make out the groups once I fired 2-3 rounds with it. Nice clear glass for the money.

The big muzzle brake and the low mass operating system really work well together. Almost no rifle movement at all. And very fast cycling.

So there ya have it. Oh...and all shots taken from the prone with bipod and rear bag....my back loves me!

Take care,Stan

Here is the parts list:

JP-15 upper w/low mass operating system
C3 billet lower
Timney 3 lb. trigger
Socom long stock
Bushnell Elite 4200 1-4X scope
JP scope mount/rings

Re: Shooting my Xmas gift today...JP-15

Nice groups! This pretty little thing can shoot! Ok, you can shoot too.
Does it have a piston system?

Nice rig Stan! I wouldn't blame the one errant shot on the rifle though.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Belisarius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice groups! This pretty little thing can shoot! Ok, you can shoot too.
Does it have a piston system? </div></div>

Nope....all JP's are DI. I have a load that works REALLY well through my other JP and am going to put some rounds together and try it in this rifle.

Take care,Stan

That's the exact same set-up your wife got me too ;-)
She rocks!!

Seriously though JP makes some fine rifles.
I'd be very pleased with those groups.

JP products are great. I used their 22" barrel kit and complete low mass operating system on one of my builds, and it is outstanding. Barely any felt recoil.