• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Shooting Suppressed Off Hand

pahoben

Private
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2010
TX, USA
I am right handed but have to shoot left eyed. I still use my right forefinger as trigger finger. I would like to know if I will be able to shoot a suppressed 308 semi auto with right hand breech. I shoot similar to how most people shoot off hand. Does anyone have any experience shooting suppressed 308 off hand? Are any guns in particular recommended? I was ready to buy an LM 308 but thought it would be best to check this out first. I can't find anyone with experience shooting suppressed 308 semi auto offhand.

Thanks for any insight. There is nothing like hot gas and carbon particles embedded in your face to help flinch.
smile.gif
I am new to suppressors and don't typically have a problem with unsuppressed right hand AR 15.

Re: Shooting Suppressed Off Hand

My buddy shoots his Larue OBR AR10 with an AAC 762SD suppressor. You can feel a little slap shooting left handed that I don't feel shooting right handed, but it's not bad - just noticeable. No problem at all on that rifle.

Thanks-maybe I'll keep it in state and buy the Larue. I heard Gov Perry signs the factory target for in-state guns. Did he sign your buddy's?

Damn, I don't know - I'll have to ask him! I know he signed three that he "test shot" for Larue one time when he swung by the shop. I definitely recommend the OBR, it's the best fit and finish of any semi rifle I've ever seen. Absolutely fabulous. Shoot me a PM if you are in the Abilene, Big Spring, San Angelo area and you could probably get a glimpse of one.