• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Shooting Training

oathkeeper

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2013
Hampton Roads, VA
When I first started my build I thought I wanted to hit 1k yd. After shooting with some friends and realized that I don't care to shoot that far. The challenge was nice but it was lacking the excitement. I watched the sniper competition and realized what I was missing. The course of fire was what I didn't like.

If lost the drive for the 1k shot but just watching the sniper comp got my blood pumping. Other than just shooting how do you train for that?

Another post tracked by the government.

Be physically fit; train to be able to apply the fundamentals under time and pressure; know your equipment inside out; practice ranging UKD targets in varried terrain; practice reading/shooting in the wind; practice improvised positions and shooting from the off shoulder so when the situation requires it it is no big deal. Make sure your gun/scope and ammo are dialed in so you are completely confident in their performance so all you have to worry about is you. Then go have fun.

Ummm, do you realize that you are posting on a public forum that has thousands on police, military, and other government employees as members? So I am trying to figure out what you mean by that last line on your post. Do you mean that there is something wrong with people reading your post if those people happen to work for the government?

Brotha, you are thinking way too much. It's exactly what it says. Everything is being tracked.

Be physically fit; train to be able to apply the fundamentals under time and pressure; know your equipment inside out; practice ranging UKD targets in varried terrain; practice reading/shooting in the wind; practice improvised positions and shooting from the off shoulder so when the situation requires it it is no big deal. Make sure your gun/scope and ammo are dialed in so you are completely confident in their performance so all you have to worry about is you. Then go have fun.

I'm sorry I didn't reply with a thank you... Thank you. Gotta figure out a training plan now. I'll let you guys know how it goes after my next deployment.

Take a sniper competition course. They will show you the basics. After that I bet you will fall in love with the sport.