• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Shooting Whilst Standing w/ Rear bag and Bipod

fullbore

Private
Minuteman
  • Jul 12, 2018
    Hello Everyone

I was out the other day testing my rifle after a very thorough barrel cleaning to verify my current load and it shot great from the prone and I rezeroed my scope.

I then thought id try shooting off the tray of my truck with a bipod and rear bag whilst standing. I still shot a half decent group, nothing like my prone group but my POI was about 4" left and 2" low from my prone zero.

Under recoil the rifle is rock solid, the rifle isnt jumping off target under recoil or anything like that.

I know it would be hard to diagnose without a video but can anyone give me some tips to try and centre my groups up?

Have attached pictures of my prone group and what my setup is shooting off the tray.

Thanks for your time

Attachments

• 20201025_092008.jpg
      20201025_092008.jpg
      212.9 KB · Views: 131
    • 20201025_144111.jpg
      20201025_144111.jpg
      433.9 KB · Views: 138
    • 20201025_144123.jpg
      20201025_144123.jpg
      430.6 KB · Views: 129
    Are you able to put some weight into the bipod without it sliding?

Are you able the get your shoulders pretty square with the rifle?

Yeah I had a bit of pre load into the bipod and I had my feet spread abit more than shoulder width apart and square on to the target and rifle.

It was my first time trying to shoot like that though so it could just be a case of me practicing abit more and see if I keep shooting low and left.

Reactions: ShtrRdy
    I had to look at your pictures whilst reading the post to figure out where the tray was on a truck. Haha!

Ill just say shooting off the back next time haha!

Im hoping to try again tomorrow afternoon so will report back with what I find.

Thanks