• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

shopping for a new bipod

1shot2kill

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2008
north dakota
like the tittle says i need a new bipod that will fit on a mcmillan A5 the harris models like to rotate due to the flat bottom of the stock

Re: shopping for a new bipod

they are nice but i cant justify the cost i know pay to play/get what you pay for etc etc but im looking for a lower cost level than that

You could always get one of those Shooter's Ridge bipods from Walmart I think they sell them under the Winchester Brand now and have gotten so cheap they don't even put he springs in the legs anymore and they raised the price from $19.98 to $29.98

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A rail and an Atlas.</div></div>

x2 on the Atlas

It all depends on how you are shooting. I just switched back to a Harris from an Atlas because the Atlas falls short in speed compared to the Harris.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">like the tittle says i need a new bipod that will fit on a mcmillan A5 the harris models like to rotate due to the flat bottom of the stock</div></div>

Tighten it more. Lots of people use that set up without problems. My Manners T3s have a flat bottom and I use Harris BRM-S bipods without a problem.

^ ^ ^ what Rob01 said ^ ^ ^

I run a McM A5 with BRM-S also, and it has never come loose except with tools.

Tip: as you are tightening the screw, ensure the bipod base is seated well on the stock.

Kevin

I just pulled the trigger on another Harris after mulling over an Atlas w/rail.

I just couldn't justify paying $200 more than a Harris, for my needs.

Btw I had one on my B&C A5 that had a flat forend, and it never tweaked or rotated... Like Rob said, torque it down more, and lock the allen screw.

My harris stays tighter than my atlas on a rail. I need to put some loctice on my rail screws but the harris is deff not bad on that stock, I have a harris on my A-5 and it is just fine. I like the harris more in some ways. Good luck

I have both and yes a Harris is quicker to open up n set up but my atlas beats it in adjustments and quality I mean that thing took a beating on my last hunt. Don't get me wrong I like my Harris brm with notched legs but the atlas beats it hands down in my case.

1shot2kill,
A Harris is hard to beat for speed, and if it's in your budget then it will serve you well.
Here is an idea, put a rail on the stock and get a rail adapter for the Harris. The ability to go on/off securely has value. Then if you ever think about an Atlas you'll be ready to go.
Have fun and shoot a ton.
Kasey