• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Short Action Customs: Bolt Knob Conversions...pics

Re: Short Action Customs: Bolt Knob Conversions...pics

Hi Mark,
My Rem 700 bolt should be going out to you via USPS overnight on Monday. Are you still on the same-day turn around?
Thanks,
Jorge

PDXGS, I am still same day, I will have it back in the mail same day!

PinkGunsRSilly, I can install muzzle brakes, send me a pm if you need more details. Thanks

Mark

Would it be too much to ask for a pic of the bolt in the lathe? As a wannabe machinist, this really has my curiosity. If that gives away too much of a "trade secre"t, I totally understand...I can get a mental image, but I'm just curious as hell. Do you have a fixture you've made?
Nice work BTW.

Thanks Steelcomp, but I'm not showing it at this time. It is just a round fixture that holds the bolt at the correct angle so I can turn it in a lathe and have the old knob turned down into a threaded shaft. I then drill out the center of the shaft and tap it for 10/32 while its indicated in.

I made fixtures for Remington 700's, Winchester/FN, Remington 541's.....coming up next are Ruger Mk77/22's, CZ 452's, Howa and Savage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: US Handgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Steelcomp, but I'm not showing it at this time. It is just a round fixture that holds the bolt at the correct angle so I can turn it in a lathe and have the old knob turned down into a threaded shaft. I then drill out the center of the shaft and tap it for 10/32 while its indicated in.

I made fixtures for Remington 700's, Winchester/FN, Remington 541's.....coming up next are Ruger Mk77/22's, CZ 452's, Howa and Savage.

</div></div>Cool...thanks. That answers the question. You can imagine my brain trying to picture holding a bolt in a four jaw...it was making me dizzy....
crazy.gif

OK, I'm sold. Just got back from the Post Office. Sent you my Remington 700 bolt.