• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Short actions with a 7.62X39/PPC bolt head

Scotts556

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2009
Texas
Having a hard time finding an action with 7.62X39/PPC bolt head. I don't want to spend 1000 on a BAT action. But I've spent the past week looking on the Internet. And no luck.

As for caliber I have been Looking at the 6mm Ar round, Based on the 6.5 Grendal. But if you have any Suggestions on Caliber similar to that I am all ears.

Main use is gonna be varmints, steel, paper, and used out to about 700-800 Meters. No matches so single shot repeater doesnt matter.

Thanks

Scott

CZ-527 has a 7.62x39 in the Carbine model.

Savage offers a model chambered for 7.62x39.

Ruger formerly offered one.

I think PTG has offered PPC bolts for the Rem Model 7 previously.

ETA- Check the Bolt Rifle section of the 65grendel forum for more possibilities.

Last edited:
hey scott,there are a couple factory bolt guns that were made in 6ppc you could look for, ruger made there varmint in 6ppc and sako made a varmint and sporter in 6ppc. also,remington sells a 7.62x39 i think that is basedoff the cz action and at one time cz impoted their sporter in 7.62x39. that being said you could also look at the factory guns in 6br norma. it uses just a little more powder and you don't have to form cases.

Thanks gents. PTG makes a bolt face for a savage so I'm Going with a Savage single shot target action. Now Deployment needs to start so I can get the cash.

Scott