• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Short barrel 870 question

TORKAR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2009
York, Pennsyltucky
Doing my first form 1 and have some trivial questions...

I have a company that will do the engraving but I need to know if I have to engrave my full name or just my last, and as for the city, I live in the small town of Dallastown Pa which is a suburb of York. Can I engrave York, Pa???

Thanks, and sorry for the trivial questions

Re: Short barrel 870 question

You are supposed to engrave information that matches your Form 1.
wink.gif
Well, if you are engraving...

I've been told by my ATF examiner that abbreviations are NOT allowed. Been told that for almost two years now. Years ago ATF allowed abbreviations even for things like Trusts. Lots of guys abbreviated Revocable Living Trust as RLT. They change the rules as they go on this stuff. You wanna hear something REALLY funny? There was a ruling in writing from ATF last November that "manufacturers" no longer had a requirement to engrave items that were already engraved. The problem was brought to their attention that items were sometimes being engraved with multiple manufacture information and even serial numbers. So, does that new "interpretation" by ATF mean you as a "manufacturer" of the Form 1 item do NOT have a requirement to engrave? Some people read it that way.

Heck, I have a friend with two letters from Technology that are completely contradictory regarding the requirement to engrave if you are really "converting" a Title 1 item to a Title 2 item.

Things that make your head hurt... LOL.

I guess I'll be engraving my full name and "Dallastow Pennsylvania." Any other input is welcome.

Well, I should have been more specific on abbreviations. It seems they don't mind STATE abbreviations. Again, they kind of make this up as they go. I know a lot of guys printing out the November "opinion" letter and foregoing the engraving. I am not officially recommending you do that, but am rather merely making a comment. ;-)

Best of luck to you.

Where can one find a copy of the "opinion letter " that you speak of ? <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BookHound</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I should have been more specific on abbreviations. It seems they don't mind STATE abbreviations. Again, they kind of make this up as they go. I know a lot of guys printing out the November "opinion" letter and foregoing the engraving. I am not officially recommending you do that, but am rather merely making a comment. ;-)

Best of luck to you. </div></div>