• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Short Barrel AR's Why?

Re: Short Barrel AR's Why?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">build one then ask yourself the same question?

DSC_0014.jpg
</div></div>
Man is that a sweet looking rifle, I'm drooling.

Re: Short Barrel AR's Why?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rth1800</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been slow to use the AR type rifles, but now that I do use them in .223 and .308, I notice many want the short or super short barrels.
I find all the AR's very loud, and ballistics suffer for sure. I can see a need for the SBR for a swat team etc, but why would a sportsman, shooter want one? Are they better for some thing I am missing or is it just wanna be's with toys? What are they better at doing in the real life of a non military, non LE? As far as I can see none at all. </div></div>
I can't see buying a 14.5" with a pinned flash/brake over a 16" the 1.5" for the trouble just doesn't make sense. I don't show my rifles to friends or "chicks" unless we end up at the range shooting so the cool factor isn't a reason for me. A 12" 6.8 with or without a can is very handy, I always have a case with me since I am in the business so dropping the lap top in the other compartment just works. It may not be as handy as a Glock when working in the shop but I really don't like wearing one around the equipt. The way this country is going there is no way to predict what some idiot may try or when or what he may be armed with so with that in mind I would prefer to have something equal to what anyone else may have. I have a big truck, a little AR doesn't take up much space and the 6.8 is very efficent out of a short barrel.