• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shorty build.... I got wood.

rrflyer

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2008
DFW, TX
Picked up the barreled a goin from a member here a few months ago.

Trued rem 700
16.5 1/7 twist
Cal 308

Originally was gonna do a folder of some sort but since this is gonna be my main hunting gun I figured I'd do something a little oldschool/traditional.

Hopefully I can talk an amigo I to letting me try his can out this weekend with it.

D59DAB14-F324-436D-BE65-7B1050BC5232-9560-0000076C8A195D41_zps13cbb57f.jpg

F321CCC2-487D-4003-A695-6156BAF5BF2C-9574-000007701728F26E_zps4fe4835a.jpg

Last edited:
Nice and CLEAN! I Like It! What kind of results are you getting out of that 1/7 Twist? Got any Range Reports on it yet?

Too Clean to hunt for now...lol

Beautiful rifle, now get that 3200 off of it and put on some real glass...

By the way, what are you shooting through a 7 twist .308? I've never played with a .308 with that tight a twist.

I've only gotten it to the range once and shot some 175smks.

Previous guy had shot 155s supersonic and 208s subsonic and reported about the same accuracy wise.

I Was getting about 3/4 MOA at 100 and easy hits on a 10 inch plate at 500 yards.

I've got some hornady 208s to play with subsonic and will get some loaded up before the weekend to try with trailboss.

When everything normalizes ill hopefully find some 240s to play with.

Still want to out some pillars in and bed the action... But it looks good until I get to that.

For 100$ that little mil/mil 3200 is outstanding!

Last edited:
I know you've got rifle ADHD and all, but a guy gets one new job and he starts buying like crazy...:D

Seriously though...a clean slick rifle.

NICE! Please add this to the "16-18"" thread, look through the bolt action section
THEN let us know about that bolt knob please, I'm digging it
THANKS
Grant

Very nice. Let others pimp out their sticks - that is just what it needs to be; Not too much, not too little.

I assume everyone else, like me, figured it was the one from Numrich that is popular for the M40 repros.

There's a stock builder (don't remember the name) that makes beautiful wood stocks with aluminum bedding blocks. Mel over on Sniper Central used one on the SC M40 build. I'd like to try one of those. Probably the most stable option when going wood.

I love the look of short rifles. I think i will be chopping my 308 barrel down some. Definitely looks sexy in the wood stock.

That turned out real nice. I love the shorter barrel for climbing in and out of vehicles and blinds.

I assume everyone else, like me, figured it was the one from Numrich that is popular for the M40 repros.

There's a stock builder (don't remember the name) that makes beautiful wood stocks with aluminum bedding blocks. Mel over on Sniper Central used one on the SC M40 build. I'd like to try one of those. Probably the most stable option when going wood.

Custom Replacement Gunstocks, Rifle Stocks - Quality, Accuracy, Aluminum Chassis - Accurate Innovations

-matt

I would really love to do this with my FN PBR. It is still sitting in it's Hogue stock and really needs an upgrade!!

Very nice! I think I like it more than the short barrel I built.