• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot my first reloads, here the pics!

09cs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2014
Commiefornia
Here were the conditions: Slight wind going from right to left. Couldn't shoot prone, range doesn't allow that. So had to go bipod with rear bag off of a uneven, wobbly table. I don't think I did too bad shooting off of that table.(at least I hope its not that bad!!) Anyways let me know what you guys think I should work my loads up from these results.
The top number in sharpie is measured from middle of bullet hole to middle, and bottom is from edge to edge, wasn't sure which to measure from so did both.
Powder: Varget, Bullet: 175 SMK, Federal Brass. Rifle: Remington 700 AAC-SD, 20 inch barrel, 1:10 twist.

Last edited:
Yes! 308 sorry, shot from Remington AAC-SDm 20inch barrel, powder was varget, toped off with 175 SMK

Yes, 42.0-43.0 in small increments. You never know what you will find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a FYI.
Using that same brass, powder and bullet, with a CCI BR2 primer my 20in 5r shot it's best groups with 42.6 grains of Varget. They averaged 2452 fps. At this weight my two 5 shot groups were an average of .550. At 42.8 it averaged .800 but the SD was lower.

Really 42.6, 42.8, and 43 all shot 3/4 MOA or better. I settled on 42.8.

Nice job!

I have the same rifle. I loaded these based on another thread here. First time out with this rifle and first time trying this load. Give it a shot.
re8e7y5e.jpg

Last edited:

Last edited:
yep load in small incriments around that and test again... once you find the best powder charge then play with seating depth to fine tune it.

I think I'm going to try some of these better charges again with the 175 SMK and try and find some 168 Hornady or SMKs and see how those go