• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Shot my new SAS M-455 Suppressor

ScottNC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2012
US
I shot my new SAS M-455 Suppressor yesterday from two positions. Had some nice 70 Degree weather so I decided to zero my SAS M-455 can and DD/SBR in. Gun is a DD 11.5" Gov Profile Barrel (cut to 10.85"), Spikes Upper, Spikes BCG, DD Lite 10" Rail, DD Lower, Spikes Buffer Tube H2, Magpul STR Stock and Nikon P-223 w/Nikon Mount. First rounds were from under a covered porch approx 5 feet from long rear wall, concussion almost totally eliminated, sound suppressed substantially but need my SureFire in ear plugs and so did people around me. The gun shot great, no problems with feeding or extraction, got good groupings and got the gun sighted in at 100 yards in about 8 rounds. Moved off the deck and into open air but only around 10 feet from house. I was really please with the results, you could easily shoot the gun without plugs and certainly could be 6-8 feet away with no protection, it was quieter than my 22LR 6.5" SBR unsuppressed, but common sense would dictate some minimal ear protection for a long shooting session, my Surefire with the stoppers open was more than adequate. I was shooting my own loads, 23.75g TAC with a 55g HPFB Varmint Nightmare X-Treme from MidSouth. I switched the SAS over to my DD 16" Carbine and got even bettter suppression and less recoil with virtually no shift in POI. It was a great day, I'm very happy with my purchase and have to think the thing would be awesome on a bolt rifle after the great results with my AR's.

Attachments

• DSC_0012 copy.jpg
    DSC_0012 copy.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 20