• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes SHOT SHOW 2011 New Optics (short list)

SWFA

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2002
Texas
www.swfa.com
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">BSA</span></span>
Goldstar riflescope line. 6x zoom, 94% Light Transmission
Majestic DX riflescope line. 92% Light Transmission

<span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Burris</span></span>
1-4x24 Fullfield Tac-30 $299.95
Fullfield E1
Expanded Eliminator LaserScope
QD Red Dot Sights
QD P.E.P.R. mounts

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">Bushnell</span></span>
Elite 4200 and 3200 replace by singe line called Elite
Elite Tactical
Trophy XLT
12x50 Fusion Binocular / 1600 Yard Laser Rangefinder
3.5-21x50 FFP, .10 mil, 5 mils per rev, 34mm tube, Horus reticle, 30 mils total travel (August)
1-6.5x Tactical

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">Kruger</span></span>
1-8x40 Dual Tactical Sight Gen. II

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">Leica</span></span>
7x24 CRF 1000 $599.95

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">Leupold</span></span>
VX-R FireDot riflescopes
VX-6 - 1-6x24 and 2-12x42
Mark 8 1.1-8x24
Mark 4 HAMR 4x24
17 new Mark 4 ER/T scopes with .10 mil adjustments and FFP reicles
3.5-25x56 35mm, .10 mil, 10 mils per rev, 20 mils total, Horus reticle
Mark 4 Spotting Scopes with Horus reticles
Mark 4 20-60x80 Spotting scopes with mil dot or TMR
RX-1000i
SX-1 Ventana Spotting Scopes 15-45x60 and 20-60x80
RCX-1 Trail Cameras
Mark 1, Mark 2, Mark 4 and Mark 8 IMS (Integral Mounting Systems)

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">Nikon</span></span>
3-9x40 Rimfire with BDC 150 rimfire reticle
2-7x32 Shotgun Hunter with BDC 200 reticle
2.5-10x40 M223 Laser IRT BDC 600
8-32x50 Monarch FCD

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">Optisan</span></span>
1-4x24 Red/Green Illumination, .223 capped BDC

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">Premier Reticles</span></span>
3-15x50 Hunter
MOA/MOA option

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">SWFA SS</span></span>
1-4x24 FFP HD riflescopes

<span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Sightron</span></span>
SIII mil/mil and moa/moa

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">Steiner</span></span>
Precision Tactical Riflescopes
1-4x24 $2199.
3-12x50 $2549.
3-12x56 $2599.
4-16x50 $2599.
5-25x56 $2699.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">Swarovski</span></span>
EL 10x50
EL 12x50
20% price decrease in Z3 line

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">Valdada</span></span>
1-10x26
12-52x56

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">Vortex</span></span>
Viper HS
EBR2B Reticle
Swithview Throwlevers
Razor HD Binoculars
Kaibab HD Binoculars
Viper HD Binoculars
Talon HD Binoculars
Viper and Viper HD Spotting Scopes

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">Weaver</span></span>
1-5x24 FFP
3-15x50 FFP

Re: SHOT SHOW 2011 New Optics (short list)

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">Bushnell</span></span>
Elite 4200 and 3200 replace by singe line called Elite
Elite Tactical
Trophy XLT
12x50 Fusion Binocular / 1600 Yard Laser Rangefinder
3.5-21x50 FFP, .10 mil, 5 mils per rev, 34mm tube, Horus reticle, 30 mils total travel (August)
1-6.5x Tactical

Which Horus reticle? Thank You.

Premier also has the new "locking" turrets that can be retrofitted, $150 each.

What happened to S&B, NF and USO?

Great news for Sightron. Looks like they finally stepped up their game and took the advise that so many have given them. Looks like I'll be adding an SIII back into my collection.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't forget to mention that the Steiner scopes are assembled by Burris </div></div>

Where? USA or Phillipines?

I believe that Made in Phillipines does NOT necessarily mean the death knell, but in Burris' case, their scopes seemed to take a hit when they transferred production from CO.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't forget to mention that the Steiner scopes are assembled by Burris </div></div>

U.S. assembly helps in getting U.S. contracts and it saves a whopping 14% on duty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe that Made in Phillipines does NOT necessarily mean the death knell, but in Burris' case, their scopes seemed to take a hit when they transferred production from CO.

John </div></div>

Nikon sales took a hit when they went to Philipines from Japan too. Just like U.S. assembled scopes there is no duty on scopes from Philipines so it saves them a minimum of 14%.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Re25</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like Leupold wants their market back. Did they say anything about ramping up the QC? </div></div>

Probably just the price and not the QC. When you are getting up in the higher end scopes, what's a few hundred more bucks to get a Premier or S&B. They are going to have to keep the prices down to get some of the market share back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: head2h2o</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Re25</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like Leupold wants their market back. Did they say anything about ramping up the QC? </div></div>

Probably just the price and not the QC. When you are getting up in the higher end scopes, what's a few hundred more bucks to get a Premier or S&B. They are going to have to keep the prices down to get some of the market share back. </div></div>

Oh they are...

Haven't you seen their aggressive new entry in the budget high-end tactical market?

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2308042&gonew=1#UNREAD

I'm guessing they're going to put Vortex, NF, Hensoldt, Premier and SB all out of business in one swipe with this amazing value.
crazy.gif

They had better be *DEEPLY* in bed with the US military, because they are shooting themselves in their civilian market foot.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: head2h2o</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Re25</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like Leupold wants their market back. Did they say anything about ramping up the QC? </div></div>

Probably just the price and not the QC. When you are getting up in the higher end scopes, what's a few hundred more bucks to get a Premier or S&B. They are going to have to keep the prices down to get some of the market share back. </div></div>

Oh they are...

Haven't you seen their aggressive new entry in the budget high-end tactical market?

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2308042&gonew=1#UNREAD

I'm guessing they're going to put Vortex, NF, Hensoldt, Premier and SB all out of business in one swipe with this amazing value.
crazy.gif

They had better be *DEEPLY* in bed with the US military, because they are shooting themselves in their civilian market foot.

John </div></div>

Are there really THAT many sales to be had in the military market to justify alienating civilian sales? Or do they just expect that their Leupold name will do all the selling they need (which is probably not a bad assumption to make)?

I once had a range guy tell me I should have bought some random Leupold over my NF F1. Some people see the name, which has been trusted for quite some time in the US, and that's all they need.

I am not a business expert by any means, but I have a pretty good idea of what it takes to make a dollar and the steps that Leupold has been making is not it. They do seem to be riding on their name. They would have been much smarter to have come into the higher end market with a scope that has most of the bells and whistles and prices between $1800 and $2500. Then as they regain their reputation in this market share, ease up the price and features. I just cannot see why anyone would choose the Leupold over the Vortex, NF, S&B or Premier in this range of scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Re25</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like Leupold wants their market back. Did they say anything about ramping up the QC? </div></div>

Do some research on new MSRP's their asking. Looks to me like they don't want a civilian market. Crack smoking high MSRP's.

Makes Henny & S&B look like an even more economical choice.

If they expect to grow their civilian market with their "tactical pricing strategy", they'll be bankrupt before 2012.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Katahdin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any new info on Schmidt and Bender? </div></div>

1-8x and 3-20x coming out in April. New H2CMR reticle coming out. I am getting my 5-25 with the Gen II converted over to it. Very nice reticle. Hollow dots and .2 mil marks on the horizontal with some .1 marks on parts of the vertical. Also fully illuminates.

Rob, have you got a pic of the H2CMR at max power (25X)?

Now that it's back I'm ordering a Klein, but I do like the NF MLR2 and I'm curious about what else SB has coming out.

Thanks.

That Mark 8 looks promising as long as they don't get stupid with their price.

No I don't but I looked through it and it's similar to the P4F but maybe a slight bit thicker but not near the standard P4. Also looked at the new reticle from Finn Accuracy and it was nice as well. Similar in thickness as the H2CMR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Premier also has the new "locking" turrets that can be retrofitted, $150 each.

<span style="font-weight: bold">What happened to S&B, NF and USO? </span></div></div>

USO has a new digital button for the illumination, got to check it out. Very sweet set up, I also really like their new "in sight picture" anti-cant device! Makes it handy to keep everything straight when your locked into your gun and on target.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Katahdin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any new info on Schmidt and Bender? </div></div>

1-8x and 3-20x coming out in April. New H2CMR reticle coming out. I am getting my 5-25 with the Gen II converted over to it. Very nice reticle. Hollow dots and .2 mil marks on the horizontal with some .1 marks on parts of the vertical. Also fully illuminates. </div></div>

Yeah, I looked at that reticle and I really liked it compared to my P4F. It had lots of marks without being too busy. Also illuminating the whole reticle finally makes sense.

Just a slight correction on the new Premier Reticles Hunter model. It's actually a 3X15 vice 3X12. Same as the full sized Heritage (optically) just slimmed down and covered turrets. The upcoming Light Tactical version will also be the 3X15 with turrets TBD.

Can you give us more info and maybe pics on the Bushnel 1-6.5 tactical?

I looked thru the Steiner. It is ok but nothing ground breaking.... I also think the sight picture was fuzzy, you could easily see for 100 yards and focus it on other booths, people ;), and concession stands. I believe that for the money, they wont hold their own with Premier, S&B, NF, Hensoldt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rob, have you got a pic of the H2CMR at max power (25X)?
Now that it's back I'm ordering a Klein, but I do like the NF MLR2 and I'm curious about what else SB has coming out.
Thanks. </div></div>
No I don't but I looked through it and it's similar to the P4F but maybe a slight bit thicker but not near the standard P4. Also looked at the new reticle from FinnAccuracy and it was nice as well. Similar in thickness as the H2CMR. </div></div>
FinnAccuracy reticle is offically "MSR" in S&B catalog now. Lower left corner in right side page:
photorw.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you give us more info and maybe pics on the Bushnel 1-6.5 tactical? </div></div>

Curious on this as well, first I have heard about... any more info?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FinnAccuracy reticle is offically "MSR" in S&B catalog now. Lower left corner in right side page:
photorw.jpg
</div></div>
What Horus Vision reticle is immediately to the right of the FinnAccuracy reticle?

taxes suck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe that Made in Phillipines does NOT necessarily mean the death knell, but in Burris' case, their scopes seemed to take a hit when they transferred production from CO.

John </div></div>

Nikon sales took a hit when they went to Philipines from Japan too. Just like U.S. assembled scopes there is no duty on scopes from Philipines so it saves them a minimum of 14%. </div></div>