• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SHOT SHOW 2022

GUNNER75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 29, 2005
    SW KS
    SHOT Show is gonna be different this year for sure. Just over the last 5 days it has flip flopped back and forth. Word in the industry is that Dallas Safari Show was pretty decent however several returning home ended up with the crud. Prior to the DSC show SHOT was looking ok even though a few big name companies already announced they wouldn't be attending, would have a booth, but skeleton crew and or business meetings only.

Here is a list of those who are NOT attending in a traditional way. (For the most part not going as I've been informed) Booths will still be set up as that is already contracted.

I'm not saying this list is 100% accurate however it has been put together by several in the industry through the channels. (Writers, Employees, Suppliers, Manufactures, etc)
    Changes seem to be happening by the hour throughout today.

These are the big names.......I imagine a lot of smaller booths/companies have already cancelled. Canceling or announcing cancelling is a rocky road with NSSF as if you booked everything through them and cancel you loose out. If NSSF cancels or whatever your deposit transfers to the next year.

Vortex Optics

McMillan Riflestocks

Sig

Beretta, Sako, Benelli, Steiner, Burris

Winchester/Browning?

Ruger/Marlin

Kimber

Weatherby

Primary Arms

RSR

Springfield

Safariland

Under Armor

Volquartsen

Barrett Firearms

Davidsons

Nosler

Trijicon

Swarovski/Kahles

Bass Pro

Academy

Fleet Farm

Midstates

Atwoods

Blains

True Value

Cal Ranch

RSR

Big Rock

Walmart

Amazon

Optics Planet

Pachmyar/Lyman?

Reactions: bhoges
    Um... Amazon... Walmart?

Maybe I'm living under a rock, but wtf would they want anything to do with SHOT show? I can kinda see Walmart, but Amazon? Seems like political cognitive dissonance.

• Haha
    Reactions: acudaowner
    Walmart sells more guns than most. HUGE BUYER. Amazon I'm not as familiar with. It is a dealer show after all.

I'm on the fence about going at this point. Not worried about covid since I have it now. Just that most of my friends aren't going and so many companies won't be there. Why are they even holding it. The place is going to be empty.

I have heard many foreign companies have pulled out as well. Alot of the Japanese optics companies light Light Optical Works.

Walmart sells more guns than most. HUGE BUYER. Amazon I'm not as familiar with. It is a dealer show after all.
    I don't see many guns in the local Walmarts... and when I do, its always low end Fudd stuff... ever since they quit selling "certain" firearms 10 or 15 years ago...

March scopes and Armament Technology (Tangent Theta) also not going in person anymore - will just have a "skeleton booth" manned by 3rd party people....

I thought about going for the podcast, but decided to make that trek another year when shit is closer to normal.

I think they have realized that they can make a Facebook page and be drowning in orders.

Shows across all industries are being phased out and shrinking.

Anyone know where you can find a comprehensive list? I was thinking of going but on the fence due to all the cancellations.

Colt pulled the plug last night. I bet more will come. I hear some booths aren't going to be manned. Just stuff on display under glass.

Shot show is keeping mum as it’s going to cause a domino effect. SCI is the weekend after and I’ve heard that a lot of their vendors have pulled out as well

I think this show will finally put Quigley-Ford optics out in front where they belong. Be sure to stop by their booth and say hi to Buddly or challenge him to a bench press competition.

• Haha
    Reactions: Holliday