• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot the AI AT-X at 1,150 yards today, good times

matt33

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2009
Bradford/Susquehanna Co, PA
My friend and I recently gained access to a property that allows us to shoot well beyond 1000 yards. In the past, i've shot a bunch between 600-800 yards, but today is as far as i've ever shot.

It was awesome! Once we figured out the wind, it was really easy to make consistent hits every shot. I can't wait to go back and do it again.

I was shooting an Accuracy International AT-X in 6.5 CM, handloaded 140 gr Hornady ELD-M using RL16, was getting about 2,825 FPS. I plan to switch to Berger Hybrids when/if they become more available, but the Hornady bullets are great for the money.

IMG_20231001_205226.jpg
Screenshot_20231002_002526_Gallery.jpg
20231001_172848.jpg
20231001_181658.jpg
Screenshot_20231001_172026.jpg

Great shooting!

Wait….no suppressor……

Eh, so so…..

😁👍

Reactions: matt33
Great shooting!

Wait….no suppressor……

Eh, so so…..

😁👍
Yeah bro, I'm going to order a Thunderbeast of some sort, probably an Ultra 7. Going to pull the trigger sometime soon and start the waiting game.

This game gets expensive fast! First the rifle,then the optic,then all the accessories, Then of course I have to buy stuff to reload for a new caliber, figured I may as well upgrade my press,and get one of those fancy auto powder dispensers.... Next thing I know I've spent a lot of money 🤣

I only have one can, SF SOCOM for a 5.56 AR. In hindsight, I wish I would have listened to other people and bought a 30 caliber can first

Last edited:
Reactions: MarinePMI
I’d go TBAC ultra 9 if you want decent size and great suppression. I have a Gen 1 in 30 cal I run on my AI as well as others

You’re looking down the rabbit hole

I’ll warn you. That hole is very deep 😁

Last edited: