• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos Shot the moon

SurgeonPredator

barrel boy
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2008
South Germany
www.lothar-walther.de
Shot the moon...dope was just a tad off. Not as easy as I imagined to take pictures through a mounted scope without a proper tripod for the rifle and camera. I already took picures though my spotter, but this time I was inspired by a SH member.

Any suggestions for those that (regularly) take "through the scope" pictures?

Re: Shot the moon

Great idea and cool pic!

What scope did you use?

Scope photos are a pain in the ass....it is hard to find that sweet spot.

But look bitchin on an animal.

funny to see this today; I noticed the full moon last night and took my rifle out and looked at it through the scope for about a few minutes

Yeah, kind of addicting to watch the moon through a scope or spotter.

The scope is a S&B 5-25 PMII with P4f reticle @ 25x

Wish I could take a pic of what you can really see through the optic (complete reticle and way more detail). But the camera lens with it's own planes kind of ruins the crisp image (have to manual focus the camera).

At the time of this image the surface to surface distance was 229,674 miles.

X = 2,159 miles/Tan 9.4 mil

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">spin drift ...might.....come into play </div></div>

Na, you do need to figure in the "planetary rotational drift" though.
whistle.gif

Stealing this to use as new screen saver - Thanks!.....hope you don't mind.

That's a really good shot for just holding the camera to the scope. We make adapters to mount your iPhone to your scope and optics which allows for proper relief with a full "through the scope" view.