• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision Shot through a small tree to take a 220 pound boar with the 6.8

TEXASLAWMAN

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2014
I took this boar with the Six8 razorback he was alone and working his way along a fence line rooting as he went. He was slightly angled towards me but facing away with a small tree covering part of his neck and head. While waiting for him to turn broadside the idea of shooting through the small tree just to see what the 6.8 120 grain SST would do. So I took aim on the tree and shot. The boar went down DRT, I really thought he was a little larger but was still a respectable 220 pounds.

And here is the video!
LWRC SIX8 RAZORBACK TAKES A LARGE RAZORBACK BOAR - YouTube

Last edited:
Slaying them bother, just saw your hog counter, that's awesome.

How much do you think the round was deflected from your POA to POI with that tree strike, if you think it did at all? I'm guessing not much at the shorter distance, but still I wonder.

Nice hog.

Slaying them bother, just saw your hog counter, that's awesome.

How much do you think the round was deflected from your POA to POI with that tree strike, if you think it did at all? I'm guessing not much at the shorter distance, but still I wonder.

Nice hog.

It did not deflect enough for me to tell. Now the entrance wound was a little bigger than normal ;) but that was to be expected.

Now the coyotes would have bee.n a hell of a s hot ,,

Yes I should have killed the coyotes but I was hoping to see more hogs.

I noticed that the hog kind of had a halo or aura around him. Is that a normal occurrence with your thermal?