• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shotstop Body Armor

RTV

Rock the Vote
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2019
Hello everyone i am looking for some good body armor that is lightweight. More durable than ceramic because I am worried about it getting dropped/hit and losing effectiveness because of that.

I saw a video by Warrior Poet talking about shotstops duritium body armor and am currently going to go with that since it seems like it would be everything I am looking for, the warranty is pretty long 15 years and John has never pushed a product for personal gain before unless he believes in it himself from what I can tell. More specifically the Shotstop iii+GT since that is rated to stop m855

Does anyone have any expirence with them or any better recommendations on a lightweight/thin iii+ plate that can stop M855 and such?

Last edited:
Avoid them. Yes, lovell does push products for personal gain, much like Iraqveteran888.

Shot stop ceramic plates are not full coverage, so a 10x12 is actually an 8x10 area of coverage/protection. Their ceramic is cut to just be inside what the NIJ states is a "fair hit" which is 2 inches from the edge of the plate. That GT is 3.8lbs at 10x12 advertised, but really 8x10. While RMA III+ at an 8x10 is 3.9lbs.....They claim it is because of their "patent tech" which is a lie.

I would recommend RMA III+ or DFNDR armor III++.

Last edited:
The ceramic in body armour isn't as fragile as everyone seems to think it is....it's not like a dinner plate.

Fuck it's designed to slow down a bullet, a little rough handling isn't going to damage them.

I mean, don't go throwing it in your truck bed with your bowling ball collection and drive down a bumpy road........but a bump or drop isn't going to destroy them
It really depends, I have seen ceramic withstand a lot or crack with a little bump. Think more of a ceramic floor tile than a dinner plate. I also would take the RMA 3+ over the shot stop. In fact I have them.