• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Should cheekweld for precision AR similar to M4?

BaileyMoto

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2010
Basra, Iraq.
www.mk12.net
I setup my SPR (mk12) with a checkweld position similar to that of my M4, with my nose just behind the charging handle. Although it's working just fine, I feel that maybe I am a bit close, if that makes sense. Guess it just 'feels' as if I should back just a bit.

What are your thoughts?

Re: Should cheekweld for precision AR similar to M4?

Extend the stock a bit. I had no problems with a regular M4 stock for my Mk12 clone upper.

But I guess if you arent having any problems with it, you could just leave it alone. Do what feels best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jpach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Extend the stock a bit. I had no problems with a regular M4 stock for my Mk12 clone upper.

But I guess if you arent having any problems with it, you could just leave it alone. Do what feels best. </div></div>

Yea, I went with the LMT Sopmod stock. Guess I need to figure this out before I send too many rounds down range.

I'm running the Magpul PRS on my Mod1"ish" 18" Douglas SPR.
But I'm going back to the collapsible Magpul, the PRS is nice but I'm still a NTCH shooter.

_B216624.jpg

USO10X2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edwin907</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm running the Magpul PRS on my Mod1"ish" 18" Douglas SPR.
But I'm going back to the collapsible Magpul, the PRS is nice but I'm still a NTCH shooter.

_B216624.jpg

USO10X2.jpg
</div></div>

The first setup is Very nice. Good work.

Nice rigs. As long as you maintain proper eye relief and you cheek weld is consistent, your good to go. Go with what feels comfortable.