• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Should I get a muzzel brake on my lr260??

Cnewhouse48

Private
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2013
St.hedwig tx
I've got an dpms lr260 24" ss bull barrel cmc 3.5 pound trigger vortex viper 6.5-20x50 the gun shoots pretty damn good I've shot several groups under 3/4" and two very good groups measuring about .29ctc. I have recently Been thinking about getting the barrel threaded for a muzzle brake I'm just not sure its worth the money or if it will be beniftial to my rifle. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

A general search will yield more responses than you can possibly imagine. Here's a brief synopsis, though:

Pros:
Muzzle control
Reduced felt recoil

Cons:
Generally really loud, especially if you're beside the brake
Adds cost to your current setup (as in $$ for threading, and then acquiring the brake)

Each MB is different and they have different specific effects when attached to your specific rifle. I'd first define exactly why you want a MB.... Is your rifle lacking in some characteristic? Do you want it to behave differently somehow?

Find that out, then it will help to guide which muzzle device is wanted.

Love my Brakes, from .204, to 300WM, Vais and several more have shown accuracy increase, more times than once. It's all do do with changing brrl harmonics, etc. In my history, either making it quieter, (supressed) or making it louder (brake) it helps accuracy, in more ways than just reduced recoil. Precision Armament has some awesome brakes. I also have many Brakes for 5/8 24 and 1/2 28 tpi