• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Should I keep it all black or go FDE?

M4sniperz

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2014
Ok so I am buying a ddm4 v5 next week and am not sure if I want to put FDE or any other color on it or not. Can't make up my mind, just want your opinions.

Gee, I guess whatever you want. Otherwise you will be picking what someone else wants.

Orange is for bean bag shotguns and hunting, it has no place in a tacticool rifle match.

FDE stays cooler in the hot sun than black or green
Precision001_zpsb21347c6.jpg

Last edited:
If you shoot in the desert, FDE is the color you should look at and it looks good.

Ok so I am buying a ddm4 v5 next week and am not sure if I want to put FDE or any other color on it or not. Can't make up my mind, just want your opinions.

It depends, do you have a need for fde or are you trying to impress your friends? If you are trying to impress your friends or just trying to be cool... well, you never will be, just saying. If its what you want because you want it then that is a perfectly valid reason.

What color belt goes with red high heels, what about handbag should i go with brown leather or toupe cause i will be wearing jade earings, please help

Black does get really hot in the sun. I would go fde or gray cerakote for base coat. Then get bowflage to match whatever terrain your going to play in. Comes off easily enough. Then you can also match it to that pair of jade ear rings or handbag or mood. If you're shelling out the dough for a new dd rifle, just order one in fde and be done.

Black does get really hot in the sun

Everything gets hot in the sun.

To the OP, get a black rifle and spray it with whatever color Krylon you like. If you get accessories, paint them with Krylon. If you decide you want a different color, re-paint it. If it gets dinged up, touch it up with your leftover Krylon. If you decide you don't like any color and prefer black, wipe the paint off with acetone and you're back to where you started.

There are a bunch of great tutorials on this board, other boards and you tube as to how to paint and remove paint on yer firearm.

Last edited:
What color belt goes with red high heels, what about handbag should i go with brown leather or toupe cause i will be wearing jade earings, please help

Looking truly sexy involves knowing what to bare—and what to keep under wraps. Otherwise, where's the mystery? Keep ball skirts from drifting into fantasy-land, but all that mileage comes at a cost. Accessorize in brights. If you've got a closet full of neutrals—be they FDE, black, camel toe, or sniper's gray—add energy with boldly hued shoes and bags. Not only is a hunter green satchel more lively than ho-hum black, but it's also surprisingly versatile.

Well, Chris runs his carbine black, while Travis enjoys his 5.56 blaster outfitted in FDE, with multicam sometimes in the mix, like on the stock. Guess you can't really go wrong with either. :cool:

I vote either Sniper Grey with black accents or Patriot brown with black accents. Be different.

I painted mine and used a net pulled tight over solid black stock then sprayed "lightly" the other 3 colors.

Savage duel port target action
Brux 26" 1 in 8" twist
Stockade Tactical/Prarie Dog Special stock
adjustable cheek
Vortex 6-24 PST FFP MOA with custom turret
6mm Norma BR.

Attachments

• pst 2.jpg
    pst 2.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 30
  • pst 3 .JPG
    pst 3 .JPG