• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns Should I Sell My Dan Wesson VBOB 45?

PatrickChewing

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 28, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    Guys,
    I'm thinking about selling my VBOB. I just don't use it as much as I envisioned but I'm not sure if I want to let it go. I have a Glock 34 that I have sent off for some grip work that should be back any day now that is going to be my range pistol. I'm thinking that I could use the funds from the sale for ammo and one or two training classes.

Thoughts?

pc

Re: Should I Sell My Dan Wesson VBOB 45?

Sell it to me ill giv ya 100 bucks for it
    Seriously keep it if you can .DW guns are well made guns.

You will live to regret it, most likely sooner rather than later...keep the DW.

Tough call. I only sell guns to fund the purchase of new ones and I sell guns that don't get used. I sold a Dan Wesson Cbob last year. Great gun. But after dabbling in the semi custom and custom 1911 world, the DW never got any range or carry time.

If its just going to sit in the safe you may want to sell it. Or you could wait a while after getting the glock back to make sure you really want to choose it for range time over the SA trigger of the DW.

I don't even think about selling a firearm unless I have definite plans to replace it with something in the same platform with quality that is the same or better. Because every time I do, I end up wondering where the hell my money went ESPECIALLY when it gets spent on something perishable.

Tough situation... I just got mine and love it. I do have a few personal items that fall in a similar situation as your vbob. I can relate. Why not sell the glock?

Targa,

Thought about selling a few of my Glocks but I like all of them for various reasons. The more I think about it, I think I might just keep the VBOB and make more of an effort to shoot it.

if you don't shoot it, sell it...absolutely no reason to have a firearm that doesn't get used...that's just as dumb as having a car you'll never drive.

sell the DW and pick up something you WILL shoot

To me, a Glock is a tool. Well designed, well made, does what it's supposed to. Goes bang every time, hard not to like. I think the Glock 19 might be the best choice for the most people across demographics and shooting needs.
    A well made 1911 is engineering and a work of art combined, like a fine watch. That's where the Vbob is. Not for the faint of heart. Rewarding to the discerning.