• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shoulder bump bushing die advice 6.5cm

savagemann

Private
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2014
www.citizengearco.com
I'm looking for die/tool recommendations for bumping my shoulders .002 for my 6.5cm loads.

In the past, I have always just neck sized and am looking to get away from that.

I have just ordered a hornady headspace comparator set.
I plan on neck expanding with a .262 mandrel i got from 21st.

Can you recommend a bushing/die combo that will work, just to bump the shoulders back?

I'm using lapua small primer brass.

Anything else I'm missing or other advice welcome.

A Redding body die will bump the shoulder and resize just the case, it will not do anything to the neck. I use that for the shoulder bump and then use a Lee collet die on the neck.

I use the Redding type s bushing die, for bushing size, since your using a mandrel, measure a loaded case with you intended bras. And go .003-.004 less than that. I like coated bushings, but if you not loading a ton and are good with your lube the regular stainless will be fine.

my son is using the whidden click adjustable die, makes setting the bump easier, he likes it and I have had good luck in the past with my whidden dies, but I haven’t tried it myself.

edited because of spell check

Reactions: savagemann