• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shoulder pain

kentactic

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2010
Southern, CA
hey guys im not looking for medical advice to bet my life on but just maybe some ideas or personal experiences that may be similar to what happened to me that you know the cause of.

yesterday i was fishing and out of no where my left shoulder felt like it was gonna explode. like the blood pressure was really high in it type feeling. and it hurt all the way down to my spleen area. and it hurt to breath. my spleen had been hurting since the day before. so i went to the ER. the pain had pretty much gone away by the time i got to the ER. they did a blood test, urine test and Xrayed my chest. after sitting in the bed for maybe 4 hours the doc came and said he THOUGHT my lung had been irritated in some way maybe by rubbing on something in me. but he said he couldnt prove it but that was his guess pretty much. gave me a perscription for vicodin and sent me on my way. it just dosent sound like that could cause what i was feeling... ive never had a heart attack (im 24) but waiting for the results i was half expecting them to tell me i had a mild heart attack.

Re: Shoulder pain

Shot in the dark, but maybe a nerve getting irritated. That can radiate some intense pain to some strange places. Stretching, light strength rehab type excercises would be beneficial, and maybe having a trainer get hands on it to test what you can and can't do, and make sure everything is in place.

yeah that sounds plausable from what im feeling. ill look into that possiblity aswell. thanks

When you had the blood test done they checked your Troponin and CK-MB levels. Those would have been elevated if you had a heart attack. Improbable that you had a cardiac issue.

However, I am not a M.D. yet, so take my words with a grain of salt. You should still get as thorough a work up as you can to be safe....