• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shout out to Vudoo Rifles!

JM4590

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2013
Midland,Va
This post is kinda twofold. First, and most important is a BIG thank -you to Vudoo Gunworks!! They stand behind their rifles 100%. I had what I thought was an issue with my Ravage, and gave them a call. No wait on the phone. Jill hooked me up with one of the guys in the back, I told him what I had going, and he said no problem. Sent me a shipping label, UPS picked my barreled action up at my home, and off to Vudoo for a fix. First rate customer service!!
The issue I thought I had was seized bolt. I recently shot a .22 match and was experiencing some VERY stiff bolt lift. Cost me one entire stage as I got one round off, and then could not get bolt to close on another round. Did a little looking,wiping, oiling, and managed to get bolt to work and finished match. I’ve had the rifle for about two years and this was my first match with it. Finished middle of the pack and all in all had a great time. A shooter on my squad who is familiar with Vudoo ( as he also was shooting one) noticed I was having issues with the bolt lift. He checked out my rifle and thought that my bolt had some internal issue. As compared to his Vudoo, it was like night and day between bolt lift. I worked his bolt- don’t get cute here- and it was smooth as glass, as all Vudoo Rifles are known to be. So, hence the call.

Now for the second part of this post.

I have been a shooter for probably 20 years or more. I shoot sporting clays, I shoot black powder silhouette, I shoot PRS, I reload, I cast bullets. Hell, I’m probably almost OAF! But APPARENTLY I DONT KNOW HOW TO CLEAN MY RIFLES! The issue was nothing more than a dirty rifle. I am shamed! I had a company spend their money for me to ship them a dirty rifle that I have neglected. Pathetic on my part. The issue was carbon build up on the bolt face and breech face. Most likely I need a more regular cleaning regimen as I shoot my a Vudoo suppressed. Not to say that I have never cleaned the rifle, because I had. I can’t say how many rounds between cleanings, but obviously not frequent enough.

Soooooo, if anyone is having this issue with their Vudoo, give it a good cleaning before sending it out and embarrassing yourself like I did.

And once again, many many thanks to Vudoo gunworks for their dedication and patience for dumbasses like me.

JM

Vudoo has been great to order from and work with. I am sure I will get some flack for this, but not much of a fan of the partnering with MH.

I bought my barreled action from Milehigh and I have bought other things from Vudoo over the phone and off the website... top notch service from both from my experience. Vudoos certainly aren't the most inexpensive rimfire out there, but once you factor in the quality and the CUSTOMER SERVICE, they are well worth the buy in! It has become a pretty rare thing to find a vendor that supports their product to such a high level AFTER the sale. I have found Zermatt/ Big Horn to be the same. My money won't be going to anyone but those guys/ ladies any time soon!