• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Shoutout to Schmidt and Bender!

Krob95

Black Multicam Master Race
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 7, 2019
    NoCo
    I just wanna say thank you to Jerry and crew at Schmidt and Bender for getting my 5-25 taken care of. I was attempting to reset the zero stop in preparation for a 20moa/6mil Spuhr mount so I could take advantage of the scopes range of movement and broke the turret. I somehow managed to lose the little clicks every 0.1 mil even though I didn’t pull the turret completely off.

Called Jerry right away, told him the issue, and I had the scope shipped out same day. Followed up a several days later to make sure it was received (lost the tracking info) and he informed me that it was in que to be looked at and should be fixed soon. Low and behold I got the shipping notification last Thursday saying it was on its way and got it in yesterday.

They got everything fixed up, cleaned the little bit of dust and dirt off the lenses, and had the scope round tripped in 2.5weeks. So if you see this Jerry, thank you for getting me squared away so quickly! It is much appreciated!
    ECB896A2-F07A-4C97-B47A-A93394A75E80.jpeg

Something else that is often overlooked, is that in addition to warranty work, if you have a really "hard use scope", they can often make it pretty much like new, including changing the turrets if dinged up, for a pretty reasonable fee.

I sent in a "Well used" scope and they made it hard to distinguish from new.

I’ve since traded off my S&B’s but in the future I will be owning more. Probably a 3-27 hi power for a long range 280rem I’m getting. And an ultra short for a dmr or something.

Nothing's wrong with my 5-25X on a 16"LaRue OBR (apologies for the hideous Butler Creek caps but that was what S&B shipped in the day)....it wears Aadmounts now) but I want to send in to Jerry just for the Jerry-provenance IF i were to ever sell it! 3-20X Ultra short on 16" HK416 ain't broke yet either. Jerry ? I'll pay shipping both ways !
    DSCN4625 copy.JPG
    IMG_3287.JPG

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Krob95
    Jerry took care of my 3-27 when I had an issue, just in time to get it back in my rifle for my elk hunt. The S&B customer service will keep me as a life long customer.

Just sent my new 3-27 in, parallax doesnt adjust all the way out for ranges past 800ish yards. So far they were very nice on the phone. :)

Last edited:
    They refurbed my Gen 1 Short Dot from 2004 that had been damaged in an IED blast for free, the outside has all the character and the inside is like a new one. I've had to get S&B scopes repaired (from abuse, not a S&B problem) a few times over the last couple decades and they've always been a pleasure.

Reactions: FALex and Krob95
    They refurbed my Gen 1 Short Dot from 2004 that had been damaged in an IED blast for free, the outside has all the character and the inside is like a new one. I've had to get S&B scopes repaired (from abuse, not a S&B problem) a few times over the last couple decades and they've always been a pleasure.
    Thats great to know! I was wondering a bit how they handle repairs after warranty. I just bought 3 of their scopes (3-27, 5-45 and the new 1-8 dual cc) but wont get to shoot much in the warranty period (i am in the middle east now and guns are at home) so most likely won't know if anything is wrong until after ;) just caught the 3-27 issue when shooting past 1k yds right before i left the US again.

Last edited: