• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Show me the pictures of your 22lr sound suppressor on your rifle

mr2.0

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2007
CALI/GEORGIA
I'm in the market for a sound suppressor for my cz455 and need some feed back as I'm new to it and have no experience of many brands out there. What you like and don't like about certain brand designs. Thanks

Will be happy to post one, some time next year if I'm lucky! I ended up buying a Sparrow (November of last year, 2013) because of sound reduction, ease of cleaning & generally positive feedback about the build quality and ease of maintenance. Please use your imagination to add it to my rifle, since I don't have it to show you here. For that matter, try to imagine the rifle as well, since we're already going in that direction anyway (Savage MK2 FV-SR, Boyds varmint stock in pepper, 6-24 50mm scope, bipod, etc.). Next, I'll introduce you to my imaginary friend, he likes to shoot also, so I take him to the range with me to act as my gun bearer......

Sparrow on my SBR'd Nordic Components upper.

I'll drag the CZ out of the safe tomorrow and snap a pic of with the sparrow on. The Sparrow is only 5" long and barely over 1" in OD so it's pretty small for a 22LR suppressor. My CZ 452 22WMR with my TBAC 30P-1 (10" long 1.5 OD) was BEASTLY!!:cool:

Sparrow on a 452

*very quiet, supposedly one of the best for rifles since there's little to no FRP (pistols are a different matter)
*easy to take apart and clean if you desire
*made of stainless steel so you can clean using "the dip"
*rated for lots of different calibers including 5.7x28mm (a non selling point for me since I only use it for .22 LR)
*serial number is on the outer tube so if the core gets messed up it will be easy to get a new one from SilencerCo
*a little heavier than other designs

IMG_2989.jpg

The SWR Spectre II has been getting a lot of praise and a bit cheaper but I think it's pretty ugly.

This article might help though there are a lot more manufactures and models that Silencer Shop doesn't sell so take that into consideration.
http://www.silencershop.com/picking-rimfire-suppressor

Last edited:
i still have a few months before i can actually call this mine but heres my swr spectre II on my ruger 22/45 lite. recently i found out about a suppressor that i would have picked up if it would have been released before i put down the money for the spectre II. its the new huntertown arms guardian (2014 version) . the serialized part of the suppressor is the part that threads onto your gun so its very unlikely to damage it.

Attachments

• suppressor.jpg
    suppressor.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 13
ruger american rimfire cut to 16", silencerco sparrow

ruger mkii, silencerco sparrow

the FRP isn't bad at all once the guts get all nice and skanky.

Attachments

• IMG_20140109_171640.jpg
    IMG_20140109_171640.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20140111_174849.jpg
    IMG_20140111_174849.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20140111_165536.jpg
    IMG_20140111_165536.jpg
    878.3 KB · Views: 13