• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Show me your Red dot pistols!

g3ninfinite

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2007
Los Angeles County
All my guns are setup for duty so I'm looking to red dot a pistol for a fun range toy. I'm thinking Glock 17L with a trijicon but I'm open to suggestions. Let me see what you did.

Re: Show me your Red dot pistols!

Here is one that I am currently working on to mount a red dot -

IMG_0068.jpg

The one that is all finished except the sighting in is a G20SF with a LW longslide and Burris Fastfire -

IMG_0999.jpg

002-9.jpg

Mine from One Source Tactical. I have a trijicon RMR02 on the milled slide. I use Ameriglo suppressor sights for co-witness.
IMG_20111031_202226.jpg

DSC003651024x768.jpg

I don't think I could justify a $600 sight for just a range toy. This is my carry gun. It was milled and installed by One Source Tactical.

My TSD Glock 17, shown with an add on beavertail but getting sent out to Glockworx for some frame work (Glock bite.)
2012-04-27210107.jpg

My Buckmark, with some Browning parts left on it:
Untitled.jpg

Honestly, the RMR RM07 was like $600 and the Docter was $250 with the current 50% off special, and I think I like the Docter better. The glass is much more clear, the housing is smaller, and so far, it has held up better. The RMR is back at Trijicon right now because the windage was drifting.

Is that the stock GLock slide^^^^^^^^?

Yea, it started out as a stock G17 Gen 4 slide.

I want to put a Trijicon RMR on my G23. It is my carry gun. I dont think the added height of the RMR would make it harder to conceal, but I have no experience with these things.

Has anyone seen or heard of someone carrying with a red dot on their carry gun? I need to put a light on it as well. I'm thinking X300

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.5mmman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to put a Trijicon RMR on my G23. It is my carry gun. I dont think the added height of the RMR would make it harder to conceal, but I have no experience with these things.

Has anyone seen or heard of someone carrying with a red dot on their carry gun? I need to put a light on it as well. I'm thinking X300</div></div>

I know lots of folks who carry w/ RMR's on their pistols. Most IWB.

6mmman, check out One Source Tactical. They are pretty much the Glock/RMR
experts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sgtlmj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.5mmman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to put a Trijicon RMR on my G23. It is my carry gun. I dont think the added height of the RMR would make it harder to conceal, but I have no experience with these things.

Has anyone seen or heard of someone carrying with a red dot on their carry gun? I need to put a light on it as well. I'm thinking X300</div></div>

I know lots of folks who carry w/ RMR's on their pistols. Most IWB. </div></div>

I mostly carry OWB, but Im waiting on my IWB clips for my RCS phantom, so we'll see how the RMR carries both ways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6mmman, check out One Source Tactical. They are pretty much the Glock/RMR
experts. </div></div>

Thanks for the tip brother, will check them out for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CarlsonCustoms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you have a stainless slide Lone Wolf Distributors will mill the slide for red dots. </div></div>
I like the lone wolf slide cuts and bull nose on there G17 slide better than the glock look alike slides.but I want the slide cut for RMR and want it now . Anyone ?

I want it black or Grey, for the price on OST sight it may be cheaper to buy it turn key if the 150.00 off code still works on the RmR ?