• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Show us your range reloading setups

anaxagoras

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2010
I've been thinking more and more of the process of load development, esp those early stages, and keep thinking about bringing my reloading gear to the range. I'd love to see how you all do it and what kind of rigs you have setup.

The only people I've seen do this are old men loading for .38spls... My luck, I'd get set up and the guy next to me would bring out a braked .338.

Plenty of bench rest guys do it. There is a thread over on accurate shooter about it. Might get more people over there that do it.

RCBS Partner press, powder, bullets, RCBS 5-0-5 scale. My brass is already prepped and primed when I get there.

I just set mine up last week! we took a 5gal bucket flipped it upside down and screwed a piece of 4x12 to the bottom, then we drilled holes to mount the reloading press. We had the RCBS charge master plugged into the truck. All brass prep was done at home, just poured the charges and seated the bullets. I sat in the backseat of the truck and reloaded 100 rounds in about 45min. they all came out good. I think it was worth it.

OP here. Been thinking about this alot and reading other forums. I decided to order a few sinclair/wilson micrometer hand dies (they are on sale). Since the brass is going to be sized and primed at home, I only need to seat the bullet. So this should be good. I'm on the fence about an arbor press, since i keep neck tension pretty light i'm thinking i can just use my body weight or a small rubber hammer to seat the bullets at the range. Some guy on youtube made seating them by hand look pretty easy. If that doesn't work I'll order an arbor press from 21st century.

The thought of bringing my co-ax and a jerry-rigged field bench/stand is just too much bulk to carry around. While a Lee Hand Press is also an option, i hate having to reset my dies since they are already set up for my co-ax with all the micrometer values written down for my different loads.

Don't need to get elaborate. I have one tool box with the RCBS Partner press (pretty small press) and all other stuff I need. A Couple c-clamps to mount press on the bench. I have a Forster Micrometer seater and take pictures of it for different presses I use. I generally do not have to mess with the main seating stem. Just turn the micrometer to compensate for whatever press I have it on.