• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Show us your weapon monted lights!

Loves2Spoon

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2013
I've been looking for a light for my Walther PPQ "classic" (also my carry gun) but I thought it would be a good idea to take a look at other options or opinions that are out there. I was looking at the Surefire X300 Ultra (500 lumens) but the "tactical run time" on it is 1.5 hrs.

Thread also open to all types of weapon lights for either shotguns or rifle just for some diversity.

Also what are your thoughts on a weapon light on your carry gun?

(not my image)
Qpnq4p4.jpg

For a carry gun what holster are you going to put a gun in with a light sticking that far out in front of it? Good luck finding a holster for anything except a Streamilght TLR-/2 or one model of SureFisre (I forget the model number)

X300 ultra is too big for a carry gun. The TRL HL is a better option. Smaller and has 600 lumens.

I Already have a holster in mind, I was thinking of the Off The Grid Nocturnal Sidewinder (left).

(not my image)
0swaZ5U.jpg

It is not the smallest light, this is why I am also looking at other options.

Also don't forget to share your opinion about a light on your carry gun, or other alternatives such as night sights, lasers etc.

My personal opinion is that one is better off with a hand held flashlight over a weapons mounted light, or both. The hand held you do not have to be pointing the gun at everything you want to look at.