• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Show your shame: Safe Queens Edition!

This thread is turning out awesome.

I don't have nearly as great a story as that old Colt SAA, but I do have my great-grandfather's S&W 38-44 HD that he carried as a policeman in Peoria, IL. I've got about 80 more years to wait until it has the family history as the Colt, but man it's great when guns like this get handed down.

ip2kg5.jpg

I don't have nearly as great a story as that old Colt SAA, but I do have my great-grandfather's S&W 38-44 HD that he carried as a policeman in Peoria, IL. I've got about 80 more years to wait until it has the family history as the Colt, but man it's great when guns like this get handed down.

ip2kg5.jpg

That is a pretty nice heirloom you have there. I guarantee that gun has some good stories.

Some damn fine safequeens in this thread. Wish I had one of my own to share, but all I have are modern firearms.

I have a Sears and Roebuck (from the old sears catalogue)bolt action 16GA that was my Grandpa. I just get her out and clean it and put it back in.

I have a Sears and Roebuck (from the old sears catalogue)bolt action 16GA that was my Grandpa. I just get her out and clean it and put it back in.

I've got grandpa's 16ga too! Bolt action JC Higgins(Sears house brand).

My queen is a 1942 WRA M1 Garand; she is mostly correct, but more importantly this Winchester built Garand has the original WWII barrel in shootable condition; ME=2; TE=2. I have shot her once this year, and do not see taking her out much more in the fore-seeable future...

IMG_8069_zps75933993.jpg

IMG_8071_zps10ba2849.jpg

IMG_8074_zpsd6bdd794.jpg

I bought this off a good friend and he's regretted it since day 1. Sako finnfire p94s. It might come out of the safe once a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410986962.480008.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410986962.480008.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 18
Here is a couple
Very early 1957 vintage S&W Pre-29 complete with box and tools. The ammo dates to the same time period.

I too have a Sharps, mine is a C. Sharps LRE 45-2 4/10. I was trying to get a good pic with my daughters help and wasn't getting it until this pic. By that time and in the pic you can kind of make out her talking under her breath "Take the fucking picture already, this bitch is heavy!!!!)

Last edited:
Anthony,

Holy Mother of God, that is impressive. Th back left looks to have fifteen suppressed m-16 variants. Is that your low end trading material?

There is about 30-40 suppressed full auto m16's on the back wall. There is more guns then I can list here. The newest is a full auto ump40. We are firing up the mini gun Friday with m60's and 240's. 249 and tommy gun are down right now :(

Iraq veterans will notice the rpd and rpk's right off the bat. WWII (who probably never heard of the internets) will notice the mg42 and out of the pic is a few 1919's.

Last edited:
Here ya go.. The man in the picture is my Great Grandfather wearing the gun and holster.

Ive never seen a pic of someone carrying like that back then. Was that a common placement for the time? Has Hollywood made us all think that most pistols were hip carried? Awesome story and gun, thanks for sharing.

Ive never seen a pic of someone carrying like that back then. Was that a common placement for the time? Has Hollywood made us all think that most pistols were hip carried? Awesome story and gun, thanks for sharing.

Driving that car with it on your hip would be near impossible.

Not really a safe queen at it has seen years of use but only comes out for select reasons. Namely it is only used by an heir (only sons at this point) in my family during their first hunt starting back in the early 50's. It has been passed around and become a family tradition and seeing as I was the last "heir" in my family to use it on a hunt it is in my possession only to be passed on to my son (should I ever have one).

Pre-64 model 94 in 30-30
2yl92ef.jpg

2u6e63q.jpg

bipiiu.jpg

2u6dba0.jpg

ip2kg5.jpg

Awesome looking HD and very cool that it has the pre-war Magnas on it!

Thanks! I like the feeling that my appreciation for fine firearms has been handed down over the years. This is my favorite pistol, but I baby it, oil it, and do all I can to keep it in great condition. I even have my GGF's original holster for it.

Does the 40mm in the corner count?

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!? Seeing this makes me happy to know that we really do have the worlds largest military! The firearm bearing people of the US of A. Is this your personal collection or a family or couple of friends together?

Good stuff either way!!! :D

Not mine, ill admit that but I'm glad. I don't want the headache or the ATF clawing up my ass all the time. I do however get to fire some stuff whenever I want like fnp90, walther mpl, hk ump40, hk mp5, m4's, hk g3, micro ghilil, and a few others all full auto. The big stuff like 1919's, m2's, mg42, mini gun, rpk, rpd, m60's, m240, m249, and the list goes on. Those are a once a year thing. They tend to break often, parts are hard to find and the links are hard to get to. Need tri pods for a few of them also.

I recently sold my safe queens to fund something I'll actually use more,

Beretta Mato 270 on a Dakota action

Whitworth Mauser English built 300wm

Ugartechea Side lock SxS 12ga and a Ruger Gold Label box lock SxS 12ga

Kept this one, Beretta Gold 390 12ga with the nicest wood I've ever seen on an autoloader. I take it out once a year on a bird hunt to make sure it still works.

Last edited:
This is a 1976 S&W 29-2 I got for a steel in 2012. I dont think it was shot much before I got it and I have only put 3 cylinders through it. I would judge it in 95% condition, although a real expert would probably judge it less. Has the cylinder turn line and a small scratch above the S&W engraving on the right side, but besides that the blue is in great shape.

And this is my grandfathers Detective Special in the original box with a few pictures of him carrying it in Texas back in the 70's. My uncle gave it to me in 2012 after my grandmother passed away. I never met my grandfather as he passed before I was born in 1982. I dont know what year the gun is from(early to mid 70's). Has a TON of holster wear and a chipped grip, but I think its perfect the way it is.

Mine would be a Remington 1100 special field 20 gauge with a 21" barrel. My dad bought it for me as my first gun and I can't bring myself to get rid of it even though I don't shoot it. One day I will part with it so someone with kids will take them out and get them into this hobby.

I was gonna say, your one brave mother to have all that awesome firepower and still reside in CT.. Better keep that shit a deep dark secret...

Mine would be a Remington 1100 special field 20 gauge with a 21" barrel. My dad bought it for me as my first gun and I can't bring myself to get rid of it even though I don't shoot it. One day I will part with it so someone with kids will take them out and get them into this hobby.

I had one of those years ago. I wish I would've kept it for my son to shoot.

3rd Gen Colt Single Action Army in 45 colt with Genuine Elephant Ivory. My college graduation present from the old man. It's only been on one range trip in the ten years I've had it.

C9DM5Sp.jpg

zqJ8vJ7.jpg

Winchester 1894 in 30WCF manufactured in 1915. Was my Grandfather's and was passed down to me. It's only been shot a few times by me but I did take a deer with it one season just to use it like my Grandfather had.

CCWtQya.jpg

NHSirpq.jpg

Weatherby target rifle (custom from the factory, first year of Weatherby production 1949) with 12x Unertl

Remington Mann Accuracy Device with a Steve Jennings carbon fiber and aluminum stock

Prototype XM-3 used for DARPA testing

Top: CMP purchased 1903A4 with original M73B1 (the scope is original to the rifle, not a later add-on)
Bottom: USMC Winchester M70 from the original USMC 1942 rifle shipment

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...913-worlds-oldest-sniper-rifle-pic-heavy.html

Last edited:
USMC 0331, what caliber is the old Weatherby? I have a soft spot for old school varmint rifles...

Man, this thread is continuing to amaze me! What's great is how many of our safe queens are family heirlooms; those guns tell the history of how our families got to where we are.

This is a very early Italian made Weatherby Mark XXII (one of the more rare Italian's without the rosewood caps that are more common). My father bought it new as a young boy in 1966. He hunted with it all his life until he passed it along to me many years ago. All it does now is remind me of him and wait for the day that I find time to take it back into the woods. This is a great shooting rifle that handles and carries as good as any I have ever used. It is a semi auto but with a selector that makes it a single shot, it holds the bolt open after each round and you toggle the selector forward to release the bolt and chamber the next round (very slick). The trigger is excellent as are the sights. This is a sweet little rifle: