• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Show your shame: Safe Queens Edition!

Neat. When I was a kid I had a Marksman BB gun that I always wondered what gun it was based on. Had to be this one. The stocks look identical save the Marksman was plastic and it was a break in half to cock gun.

Thanks for this thread. It's always "cool" to say safe queens are bad. I disagree. I spent my hard earned money and will or won't do what I want with my firearms.

I have two safe queens. Shiloh Sharps .45-70 and Colt .45.

My Guns & Roses -

GnR1_zpsf47ef209.jpg

Here's a 10/22 that I built back in gunsmithing school. Blueprinted factory bolt with receiver and integral rail machined from a big chunck of cromoly. The stock was made from a medium grade English walnut blank. It has a 16tw match Shilen barrel threaded into the receiver. Fun project.

Also from school this was an old K98 military rifle that I rebuilt. Shilen match 9tw barrel in chambered in 7X57 Mauser.

These rarely come out of the safe.

I havent fired either one of these yet, I plan to but have more rifles than I have time. For now these are my safe Queens

All correct SA Dec 1941 Garand

All Correct SA August 1943 Garand

Don't have a picture of it, but last year I bought a new Steyr Aug A3 from Pete Athens. I have wanted one of these since I saw Die Hard 1 when I was younger. Besides the Steyr I have a new never fired FN SPR in a McMillan A4 with CDI detachable mag that I got from Tactical Coordination. It actually is a house queen since the safe is full and it stays in the house. As soon as I can save enough for a scope it will get outside and get used.

The two pistols are from my Grandfather. I was over at his house talking about going to the gun range when he asked me to look at his guns. I pulled out two revolvers in .32 S&W. He and my Grandmother proceed to tell me the following story. I cant prove its accuracy and really don't care to find out any differently. When I was growing up my Grandmother worked as a secretary for the US Marshal in the East Saint Louis Federal court house. She tells me one day one of the deputy Marshals gets in a shooting and someone is needed to guard the prisoner in the hospital. My Grandmother volunteers my Grandfather and he takes these two guns to the hospital to secure the prisoner. Again I have no way of proving this and my own knowledge of LE makes this story very unlikely but its pretty cool.

Attachments

• sq 001.jpg
    sq 001.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • sq 006.jpg
    sq 006.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • sq 005.jpg
    sq 005.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
Don't have a picture of it, but last year I bought a new Steyr Aug A3 from Pete Athens. I have wanted one of these since I saw Die Hard 1 when I was younger. Besides the Steyr I have a new never fired FN SPR in a McMillan A4 with CDI detachable mag that I got from Tactical Coordination. It actually is a house queen since the safe is full and it stays in the house. As soon as I can save enough for a scope it will get outside and get used.

The two pistols are from my Grandfather. I was over at his house talking about going to the gun range when he asked me to look at his guns. I pulled out two revolvers in .32 S&W. He and my Grandmother proceed to tell me the following story. I cant prove its accuracy and really don't care to find out any differently. When I was growing up my Grandmother worked as a secretary for the US Marshal in the East Saint Louis Federal court house. She tells me one day one of the deputy Marshals gets in a shooting and someone is needed to guard the prisoner in the hospital. My Grandmother volunteers my Grandfather and he takes these two guns to the hospital to secure the prisoner. Again I have no way of proving this and my own knowledge of LE makes this story very unlikely but its pretty cool.

Nice sentimental heirlooms

2dw80f4.jpg

Here are 2 of mine. The VLS was a wedding present from someone that was important to me, and the gun had even more of a meaning to me. It is spotless and has a vari-x iii 6.5-20x40 sitting on top. I have shot 4 rounds through it and it now sits in the safe in a gun sock, wrapped up snug as a bug in a rug. The second one is the BDL Varmint 22-250. I have been wanting one of these for close to 1o years. The guy I used to work for at gun shop finally picked it up for me in trade a couple months back. I have yet to shoot and probably never will. (who knows...) its sitting tight in safe right next to my VLS.

Holy cow. You guys are awesome. Nice rare finds here. I don't have safe queens, all used guns in my house. I hope to one day afford some safe queens like these. Thanks for sharing.