• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

johnrice

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2018
im a boot to rifle matches . i have shot 3 local matches. really want to do the shtc with my son. have a few quetions for you all.
1 do each of us need a tripod or can we share?
2 tried to look up videos on how a typical stage was ran with 2 shooters but no joy.
any advice would be appreciated, oh i listend to everyday sniper podcast on the team challenge.

Hi John,

The team match is ran exactly like a singles match except you get almost twice the time. Tyipcally 5:30 per stage. The SHTC is a "run what you brung" matchj and 2 of everything is highly encouraged, especially tripods. Most stages are blind with all ranges required to be obtained on the clock. You can pair fire or shoot one shooter then the 2nd all the way through. Some stages like the mover will require alternating (1st shooter completes then 2nd). It is a field match so dont expect to see a lot of PRS style engagements (you know...treading water while trying to shoot off of a beach ball), the stages are more designed around using natural terrain features and practical applications. The match is hosted by Frank (at Carl Taylors range), both of whom are HOGs. Not a lot of gimmicks and "unpractical or untactical" scenarios

Reach out if you have more questions.

Clint

Hi John,

The team match is ran exactly like a singles match except you get almost twice the time. Tyipcally 5:30 per stage. The SHTC is a "run what you brung" matchj and 2 of everything is highly encouraged, especially tripods. Most stages are blind with all ranges required to be obtained on the clock. You can pair fire or shoot one shooter then the 2nd all the way through. Some stages like the mover will require alternating (1st shooter completes then 2nd). It is a field match so dont expect to see a lot of PRS style engagements (you know...treading water while trying to shoot off of a beach ball), the stages are more designed around using natural terrain features and practical applications. The match is hosted by Frank (at Carl Taylors range), both of whom are HOGs. Not a lot of gimmicks and "unpractical or untactical" scenarios

Reach out if you have more questions.

Clint
thank you, definitly love the field portion. i drive a extra 2 hrs to shoot at a match thats mostly field course vs my home match.

@velayo_0317 has some videos of a few stages. Check out his Instagram or YouTube channel

Bring the best tripod you can afford, and a good leveling base.

Thanks,. Going overboard with gear should not be a problem I don't own much , I was hoping to share a tripod with my son, I have 1 tripod ,one pump pillow ,and a tab rear bag, a set of binos and a Garmin 701. Any must haves that I'm missing?

Thanks,. Going overboard with gear should not be a problem I don't own much , I was hoping to share a tripod with my son, I have 1 tripod ,one pump pillow ,and a tab rear bag, a set of binos and a Garmin 701. Any must haves that I'm missing?

You have a ranger finder?? You will need one.
Also a Gamechanger style bag would be an asset in this match.

With Washington making it illegal for groups of more than 50 people to gather, what is happening with the hide cup ?

You would think if the squads are less than 50, we would be kosher

Squads are less than 50 of course, but everyone congregates in one spot for match brief, bbq, etc. I am sure LL will provide his input at some point down the road.

What's the distance between stages look like?

Debating if it's wroth doing rack setup to carry the rifle, or just a sling.

What's the distance between stages look like?

Debating if it's wroth doing rack setup to carry the rifle, or just a sling.
I cant speak to this years setup but in the past you can expect to walk 2 to 3 miles per day, some stages are 50 yards apart others can be several hundred (200 - 600).

Reactions: rockmyglock
woud a set 10x binos on a tripod sufice for spotting?