• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SiCo Radius battery cover replacement

565fitter

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
May 31, 2013
Washington, WV
I picked one up a couple months ago and the battery cover is starting to tear at the seal. Has anyone found a replacement or even 3d printed one up?

The OEM cover is not great.

3D printed is not a bad idea. Some ideas are to print the seal area 1-2 thou larger than measured size and sand to fit.

Or 3D print a groove on the insert portion to accept an o-ring.

Don't have my Radius anymore, so spitting ideas off the top of my head that may work.

Reactions: camocorvette
The OEM cover is not great.

3D printed is not a bad idea. Some ideas are to print the seal area 1-2 thou larger than measured size and sand to fit.

Or 3D print a groove on the insert portion to accept an o-ring.

Don't have my Radius anymore, so spitting ideas off the top of my head that may work.
The o ring idea was my first thought. The ID of the battery compartment has a groove around it which would make a perfect spot for the o ring

Reactions: kthomas
The o ring idea was my first thought. The ID of the battery compartment has a groove around it which would make a perfect spot for the o ring

I think this is a great idea if you can get it to work.

Would probably be much better than the OEM cover if you can make it work right.

Reactions: 565fitter
Had time to tinker with it tonight. 3d printed this out, if it works well I'll send it to the mill and make one of aluminum. There is an o-ring to seal it.

Attachments

• 20230406_172753.jpg
    20230406_172753.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 46
Had time to tinker with it tonight. 3d printed this out, if it works well I'll send it to the mill and make one of aluminum. There is an o-ring to seal it.
My battery cover is still in good shape, but I would definitely be interested in one if you are going to do a run of them.

Reactions: 565fitter
Where did you get that tape wrap at? Mine is just wrapped in Gaffer tape and this looks way better