• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

SiCo Radius

jda2631

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2009
Mississippi
What happened to it? They promoted it really well, seemed to be a cool idea. They released it and now its gone, not on their website or anything. Some places still have a few in stock for sale, brownells has them for half price. Did they not work well? What's the deal with them?

I think it because the basic consensus was . it is great night hunt LRF unit for the guy who is current on understanding of laser and owns NV, it 'easy' to POA tune/aim the radius with a pvs-14 NV . But SiCo Radius did not translate to the much larger consumer population of your average daytime hunter, plus it another option that needed mounting and that added weight to his hunting rifle .

I keep thinking I want one for night hunting, and ( night hunt guys ) do give it overall good review . but then I think where do I just draw the fucking line and just stop being a gear queer with bolting shit to my night rifle . My night shooting platform is already a cumbersome boat anchor that is difficult to shoot off-hand, with tripod it's best friend for support .

I think I saw some more units in-stock for 399-$ at brownells, but they are discontinued in factory production . So there not going to be warranty replacement if unit goes down .
( IMHO ) .. Half price + Discontinued, just means if it breaks it is just another disposable piece of electronics . Trashcan it and find another to replacement .

I think it because the basic consensus was . it is great night hunt LRF unit for the guy who is current on understanding of laser and owns NV, it 'easy' to POA tune/aim the radius with a pvs-14 NV . But SiCo Radius did not translate to the much larger consumer population of your average daytime hunter, plus it another option that needed mounting and that added weight to his hunting rifle .

I keep thinking I want one for night hunting, and ( night hunt guys ) do give it overall good review . but then I think where do I just draw the fucking line and just stop being a gear queer with bolting shit to my night rifle . My night shooting platform is already a cumbersome boat anchor that is difficult to shoot off-hand, with tripod it's best friend for support .

I think I saw some more units in-stock for 399-$ at brownells, but they are discontinued in factory production . So there not going to be warranty replacement if unit goes down .
( IMHO ) .. Half price + Discontinued, just means if it breaks it is just another disposable piece of electronics . Trashcan it and find another to replacement .

Yea, I was just surprised how quickly they discontinued it. Thought they would have sold enough to keep them in production. I didn't really have much use for it. At list price of $900 or so it's a lot to spend on something that's not gonna improve your rifle at all, but also is something that you leave on one particular rifle. Seems like it would be kind of a pain to move between rifles and get it lined back up.

I got one when they were heavily discounted. I night hunt 99% of the time and is nearly indisposable for figuring out how far away something is. The unit itself is far from perfect but for its use gets me those 200-300 yd shots more often. The other way to get around knowing the range is shoot a flatter cartridge. I keep waiting for a company to build a smaller lighter unit to replace the radius.

81E5CFD4-9740-484C-B23F-DCEE69EACEC4.jpeg One piece of gear I love having for night work

How are you getting along with the battery cover? I think I'm going to put a piece of gorilla tape over mine. Any little snag seems to open it up

i hunt with this set up weekly and many times every couple days. we are in and out of vehicles and sets multiple times a night and i have never ever had the cover come open, loose or anything

Reactions: deersniper
Da gubmint gon' come shoot your dog and fuck your wife for having that little tan thingy :ROFLMAO:

Not sure I'd have said it quite the same way... but... I know, right...? Trying to decide if I wanna be KSE, or Wig' when I grow up... All the cool toys ! ;)

I picked one up from a local gun shop for $300. Mounted it and had no issues getting it sighted in and during bright sun have had no issues ranging to 800 yards.

As far as the radius goes. Yeah, she's cancelled for now. From what I know it had more to do with some big shake up at silencerco. I talked with someone at SiCo, they had a gen II version in the bag, but that as of right now, will not come to fruition due to whatever happened business wise at SiCo. ?

Dang Killswitch nice rig.... I'll have to admit, me a lil jealous. This night hunting is addicting, gonna slowly piece together a rig like that. Two thumbs up ??.

You holding reticle? I was thinking of getting lazy and getting the new revic pmr 428 with HUD.

i hold at night generally for obvious reasons. i have my dope memorized to 500yd. i wouldnt typically take shots beyond that in the dark and if i do i have time to dial.

I relive this just to ask if there is somewhere on the net something like a copy of the manuals. I got one but neither the instructions nor the lens caps. There are a couple of nice videos un utube...but I would like to learn it from the source. Thanks

I relive this just to ask if there is somewhere on the net something like a copy of the manuals. I got one but neither the instructions nor the lens caps. There are a couple of nice videos un utube...but I would like to learn it from the source. Thanks
I should be able to post pictures of the manual this weekend.

Reactions: gnatmm
Last edited:
Reactions: gnatmm
Brownells has a forever satisfaction guarantee. If it breaks down, send it to them... they'll send another or refund you.