• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Side arms: HK Or SIG

jerpil

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2009
Am in the process of purchasing a handgun to compliment my AR15. I have narrowed my decision between an HK .40cal or Sig .40cal. I have neither had any experience in firing nor owning one of either gun. Please share your experience and advise. thanks...

Re: Side arms: HK Or SIG

Both are good choices. I prefer Sig but that is my personal preference. If you can, shoot both before you make a decision. If you can't I would get whichever one fits better in your mitt.

-Z

we shoot sigs at work at i have to say they really are one of the best fighting pistols ever. we put thousands upon thousands of rounds through our 226's and they just keep running with basically no malfunctions, i mean i've probably seen two or three in the last 5 years i've been shooting the service guns in my or anyone's i work with pistols.

we used to have the HK mk23's and they were great shooting guns just HUGE. with the supressor on it it was almost as long and heavy as a 10" m4. i don't really have much experience with the standard size USP's i think you really can't go wrong with either though if i had to choose it would be sig.

just my .02

I'm personally a huge fan of the HK45 but, I've never shot a sig, soi guess my opinion won't amount to much..

I have the HK USP45 Tactical and love it. It shoots great and isn't nearly as massive as the HK23.

Like others have and will suggest, you should shoot them both.

Are you talking full size? compact? Both HK and Sig are excellent pistols - but feel very different to me. You really need to get your hands on them to know what feels best.

Why not Glock, there just as accurite, they flat out work, and there cheaper to buy than Sigs or HK, mags are cheaper. Go to a gun range that rents pistols, try before you buy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not Glock, there just as accurite, they flat out work, and there cheaper to buy than Sigs or HK, mags are cheaper. Go to a gun range that rents pistols, try before you buy. </div></div>

Good advice. And at least Glocks have the same trigger pull every time.

i'm not even a glock fan, but anything beats DA/SA.

Expensive, yes. However, I have a USPC9 that I absolutely love. It is the one in my avatar. Recoil system is awesome. Better than most. Extremely pointable. I shoot it well. And, the trigger pull is a moot point if you carry it condition 1. Once that hammer is back, the trigger pull beats a Glock every time. I would change the extreme curve of the trigger, but that is a small gripe. I tried to like Glock but couldn't.

Josh

I have tried to like Glocks too, I just cant do it. I can't shoot 'em worth a shit. I have owned and recommend both HK and Sig. Glocks are great guns, but they don't work for everybody. Their grip angle is very uncomfortable for me.

I don't even have to try to shoot my 45 Tactical well, it just kind of does it for me. It (for me) is an instinct shooter. Nothing is as good as my P7 though. I wish they would start making them again, but in 45 this time!

I have owned both and got nothing bad to say about either.Handle and if you can shoot both,the gun should feal like it was made for your hand,the 226 and USP compact did for me.

I bought a USP 40 right when they came out in the early 90s and still own it; countless thousands of rounds through it with zero malfunctions. Love it. I have owned a USP tactical 45 for a few years and it has been perfect as well, but feels different in my hand than the 40 (frame dimensions are a little different), but is basically just a range gun.

Recently picked up G17 (9mm) and REALLY tried to like it, shot it OK but just could not get the same level of comfort with it that I have with my HKs and 1911s (grip angle). I ended up making someone here on the hide a really good deal on it and a bunch of mags, now have a P226 and it just fits me better.

Personally I love the DA/SA trigger, my old USP 40 is "Variant 3" which is the same configuration of the P226: no safety, decocking lever only on left side. Same as the Glock IMHO, don't put your finger on the trigger unless you're going to shoot. Works for me. Either will serve you well, have fun!

jerpil: complete your profile, if you're in a Hider's area you might get an invite to come out and try one or both of the pistols you're looking at.

I own 2 HK's, a USP Tactical .40 and a USP Compact .40. I had a P2000 .40 LEM (DAO Trigger) and sold it to Kellogg here on the hide. I regret it everyday. If you shop around you can find a P2000 or a Compact new for around 700. They also come in many different variants. Meaning: DAO, SA/DA, ambi safety, left or right hand safety, decocker/ no decocker. So there are options out there to choose from. I carry a Glock everyday and have never had apistol with more problems. It is issued so I am forced to carry it. But there are others who love them. I believe the best advice has been given already, go to a range and try them all out. Then drink from the HK kool-aid. You'll find it tastes the best
smile.gif

I own a 220 carry, and have shot a full size hk in 45 forget what model though, personally I just didnt like the feel of it, just like I dont like the feel of glocks, get some time shooting both though if you can. personal opion take it or leave it.

I've owned probably 10 HK's and probably 8 sigs. The early USP's are good 96 97 seem to have better triggers then all the rest.

The only HK I'd wait to see would be the P30 when they introduce it in 40 cal right now it's only 9mm.

So right now...sig 229 SCT 226 if you like the bigger gun.

Both are equally reliable and both have good and bad points.

The p30 in 40 would be very interesting to compare. Really you just have to try em out. So buy both!
smile.gif

I love Sigs. I just bought a new P229 in .40. It's fantastic as expected.

Allthough, I would go with what feels right in your hand. You can have the best (if there where such a thing) handgun in the world but if it doesn't feel right to you, it's not worth it.

I like HKs too and I've been fighting getting one for years but I always come back to the fact (for me) they just don't fit quite right in the hand.

Either are good choices but let your hand make the decision.

I've got a Sig 226 in .40 and I've shot my friend's .45 USP. I like mine better and he likes his better.

Pick the one that fits your hand. Also the Sig is alloy framed the USP is polymer, if that makes a difference to you.

Mags are pricey for either; I've got a small fortune tied up in Sig mags right now.

Put me down as another vote for the SIG. I've got both: an HK USP in 40 and a SIG P229 in 357 Sig and hands down I'll pick the SIG first. To me it just seems like a much better built gun and I think it is more accurate than my USP. (although I've never tried to compare them together). I do liek the magazine release that HK uses better though.

I haven't ever had a problem with either and no one I know of has either but I still would pick the SIG. On a side note not that many people ever have to deal with it and with no experiance of my own I have heard that HK has room for improvement in the Customer Service department.

Both will serve you well and you wont go wrong with either choice.
JMC

I just recently made the switch from a full-size 1911 to a Sig 220. I love the DA/SA, that's one of the big reasons I switched. This is the first Sig that I have owned, but not the first I've shot. Like others have posted, I find it incredibly easy to shoot this gun well. We just seem to get along for some reason. Other people feel the same way about their Glocks or HK's. But for me, I'm a Sig man from here on out.

You really can't go wrong with either. You can save a little money with the HK. Or you can spend a little extra for bragging rights. I own a P229 in 40 S&W and used to have (not gone by choice) HK USP stainless 40 S&W. I really loved the way how the HK shot. HK does suck with the proprietary magazines & such. I really have to give it up to Sig for that.

P30 in .40 is out. They are going out to dealers as I type. SA/DA and LEM triggers available. The kool-aid just got a little sweeter
smile.gif

Originally Posted by From the HK website
Award goes to the Heckler & Koch P30 V2 Pistol.
Following the adoption of the modern service pistol P30 by the German customs office, the Federal Police have also decided in favour of the P30 and placed an order with the Oberndorf-based firm of Heckler & Koch GmbH. Starting from summer 2009 the P30 will replace the former SIG Sauer P6 service pistol. The supply order covers approximately 30,000 pistols, with an option of another 5000 units, and has a target for completion by 2011.

The new P30 pistol is a further development of the P2000 police pistol. During development of the P30, the emphasis was placed on a completely new ergonomic design of the grip of shape. Interchangeable lateral panels and backstraps – each of them in three different sizes- offer maximum flexibility for adaptation of the weapon to the hand of the shooter in question – men and women alike. The magazine has a capacity of 15 cartridges of calibre 9mm x 19. In a fully loaded condition the pistol weighs a mere 900g. In addition to the easy acquisition three dot sights, in the forward part of the grip the P30 has a NATO (MIL-STD-1913) picatinny interface for use of optional accessories including aiming units and tactical lights.

Upon successful completion of training, each officer of the Federal Police will in future receive his/her personally assigned service pistol and keep it until their retirement from service.

Not the only HK pistol to win a large gov contract. Hmmm apparently there is something to the HK hype.......

Thanks for the interesting feedbacks....I just ordered my SIG.
grin.gif

apple or orange for lunch? they are both great reliable guns. You need to test each to see which fits you. I love my Sigs, but looking at HK too. Hell, get both

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerpil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the interesting feedbacks....I just ordered my SIG.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Excellent choice. Nothing wrong with HK's I have had a few...but I prefer the Sig's.

Although I own more HK's and Sig's, I'd lean toward Glock if I only were to own one pistol in the plastic realm.

If you're not into 1911's, get a Glock.

i like glock's more then HK's. the double stack USP's just don't fit my hands