• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Side Charge Auto

crocker84

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2010
Midwest
I am looking at building a 308 semi. What are my options for a billet set that will allow side charging, rather than using the charging handle?

I built mine with an upper/bolt carrier from Fulton Armory. Not sure if its billet, but its beefy. Matches up nicely with a CMMG lower.

You are very limited in upper receivers, if you want the side charging feature. Fulton Armory offers them stripped. If you want a complete upper, JP Rifles offers a side charging upper assembly that's compatible with DPMS lowers. I enjoy the side charger on the left side, so I went with JP Rifles, but it does come with a price.

Hmmm, I guess I will have to wait until things slow down a bit. I didn't realize mega made a side charger.

This is what I chose...

(JP LRP-07)
LRP-07_zps2c48de0d.jpeg

LRP-07side_zps2fd02699.jpeg

You made a very WISE choice. I also have a JP lrp-07 with a Swarovski Z6i scope and I would not trade it for anything. This is a thing of beauty, you always read about how good JP Enterprise is but until you see and hold one you just can"t imagine. But the best part is how much Quality JP rifles are built with. And if all that is not enough then you just have to shoot one and then it removes all doubt because JP rifles never stop cycling round after round and it all goes into one tiny hole. John Paul knows how to build rifles.

As already stated the JP side charger is the best option IMO. They even have an upper receiver which had both a side charger AND a regular charger. The nice thing about JP's is it folds away against the receiver and doesn't reciprocate with the bolt when fired.