• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Side charging handguard

Pretty neat design, the rear cover on the of the upper may prevent a good deal of blowback as well

Kind of a neat idea. For my purposes I'd either want to convert all my AR platforms to this or none of them. Wouldn't want one oddball in the way I operate an AR.

RRA had a similar design at Shot 8 years ago, I don't think that it ever went into production. They utilized the lack of a rear charging handle and incorporated that space into an integral rear flip-up sight, along with a matching integral front sight. Also a definite advantage for suppressed, maybe better than a Gas Buster CH.

RRA had a similar design at Shot 8 years ago, I don't think that it ever went into production. They utilized the lack of a rear charging handle and incorporated that space into an integral rear flip-up sight, along with a matching integral front sight. Also a definite advantage for suppressed, maybe better than a Gas Buster CH.
I vaguely remember that. I thought the rail height over bore was significantly higher than standard AR's, giving that rear sight a place to live.

I vaguely remember that. I thought the rail height over bore was significantly higher than standard AR's, giving that rear sight a place to live.
They were taller, like PRI MK12 MOD 0 SPR height, but not as tall as the RRA EOP abomination. A number of years ago I prototyped an integral rear sight large frame upper. I went taller so I could locate the springs/followers/roller detent under the rail slots. Co-witness height mounts end up being the same HOB as a 1.93" mount.
ghsYjPWm.jpg

Reactions: TonyTheTiger