• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Siege of FB Gloria

Thanks, now I have something to watch tonight, if I can find the DVD around here somewhere, probably w/ the

84C MoPic DVD​

Reactions: Tchitcherine
R. Lee Ermy - A lot to be said for a warrior who is respected by several generations of Marines and given an honorary promotion to Gunnery Sergeant by the USMC.

Reactions: Plinker 73
I tried prime yesterday and it said that The siege of Fire Base Gloria was unavailable- but try these totally unrelated other movies...

Long ago I found Firebase Gloria and 84 Charlie MOPIC on VHS, used, on ebay.
I converted then to DVD back then.
Checked this morning, both on ebay now in various forms (laserdisc?, vhs, dvd).

R.Lee Ermy as the Marine CSM...

"I'll tell you what we're gonne do...we're gonna fortify this shit hole, and protect it like it's your daughter's cherry!!....and ain't gonna die here!!"
For the record, Marines don't have CSMs (Command SgtMaj). There is only one SgtMaj per unit and the rank is also the billet.

One of my late Brother's favorite movies. Lots of laughs together at Gunny Ermey's antics. Prob the best character Wings Houser ever played also.

Nobody cares.

I don't know what the fuck they do to you jarheads, but the effect seems to be lifelong. That shit is like syphilis.
Hey no problem. You can continue to be stupid.

aGew4rX.jpg

No movie, try a book.

Sappers in the Wire: The Life and Death of Firebase Mary Ann by Keith William Nolan and anything else written by him.
Remember that day (night actually) quite well. Lots of things about that night that are not in the book. One thing that was, not all members of the Target Mission Force where druggies or drug sellers. (As the book implies). Neither my friend Ralph nor Myself, ever touched the stuff. Nor did we drink when we were on the hill (even though beer was occasionally available.). Our team was clean, we made sure of it! When the NVA Sappers were in the wire we wanted to be ready.

Reactions: pilotjoe