• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sierra Bullets Expanding Inventory

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Got the word that Sierra is increasing their production by 44 million bullets, which hopefully means reduced costs and a higher inventory. They're also experimenting with different draw lubes and oils to reduce defects, mainly with the 30-168/175's and 22-69's, also reducing costs.

Look for an official announcement coming from them soon with more details !

Re: Sierra Bullets Expanding Inventory

GROUP BUY when they are up to speed
    smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm128</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GROUP BUY when they are up to speed
    smile.gif
    </div></div>

I'd be all over that for sure !

Thanks for update Frank.

Good day,

I'd be happier if they were expanding their QC department...

DocB

Sierra must have got the memo. Their 168gr and 175gr Matchkings selling for 8-10 dollars a box more than Hornady's have me buying red.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dang472</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sierra must have got the memo. Their 168gr and 175gr Matchkings selling for 8-10 dollars a box more than Hornady's have me buying red. </div></div>

same here.

I have been wondering when they would at last attempt to keep prices competitive

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWP6114</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dang472</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sierra must have got the memo. Their 168gr and 175gr Matchkings selling for 8-10 dollars a box more than Hornady's have me buying red. </div></div>

same here.</div></div>

I did the same when I was shooting a .308

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWP6114</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dang472</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sierra must have got the memo. Their 168gr and 175gr Matchkings selling for 8-10 dollars a box more than Hornady's have me buying red. </div></div>

same here. </div></div>

Yep...

Plus, big red has been busting their ass innovating, and coming out with better bullets. The 178hpbt simply lays the smack down on the 175smk.

It's really good to know. Been shooting the 150 and 175 most of the time. Waiting for the GROUP BUY....

Be nice if they were to update the 168, lengthen the boat tail and decrease the angle, maybe point it then name it the 165gr or 170gr long range match king. LOL

Glad to see they are trying to stay competitive.

Sounds great to me, hopefully this way I will get a good batch instead of what I normally end up with :|

Seating depths always vary between 2.829-2.836 for me...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dang472</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sierra must have got the memo. Their 168gr and 175gr Matchkings selling for 8-10 dollars a box more than Hornady's have me buying red. </div></div>

This. I can get 208 Amax for the same price as 175 SMK. Then factor in that I use less powder with the Amax and I'm saving money.

meh....a little late. I'll keep with big red until the come out with something to out do it at a decent price....

that is a great news, those are the two bullets I shoot the most, a price decrease is very welcome these days.

One way Sierra could get their costs down is in their QC. If you've been to Sedalia and see the bucket of bullets you can buy as seconds by the pound, you know. These are not Hornady/Nosler style cosmetic blemishes as they truly out of spec.

I wont touch the SMK's anymore. I can get a 168 or 178 A-MAX to outperform a SMK out of my DPMS SASS anytime. It's just somethin about that polymer tip that tightens my groups up every time.