• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

snipe10

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
Colorado
Anyone seen one or better yet, shot one of these? I'm interested in checking one out but would have to wait for the threaded barrel version. I think it's called the SAS.

Handled both the standard and the carry models. Both feel very good. Almost like the P226R E2. I would like an SAS, but don't want the short barrel. I've got way too many 45s at present and I don't want to buy mags for another pistol. Maybe if I sell a bunch of mags for the guns I don't own any more I'll get one.

Got a chance to put some rounds through one, excellent gun! I'm in the market for another 45 and was considering the HK45 but then this badboy came out so i'm a little torn.

I have one and it is awesome. It's about the same size as the P226. The grips are the new E2 grips that some may not like. It's balanced well but only holds 10 rounds. A few people have used the SRT trigger upgrade. I believe it's the one for the P220 as of a month or two ago they hadn't made on for the P227. Holster fit was a issue but some have said that it would fit in a holster designed for a railed 220. It also took me awhile to find mags for it. I used to have a HK USP full size and compact. I have since sold them. In 45 I just have a 1911 and the P227.

I have about 80 rounds through one, and will be keeping it. I did remove the short (skinny) trigger and installed a standard (fat) one.

I have a leather lined kydex holster from Garrett and it fits perfectly. I believe it was the P220 mold that they used for it.

The P220 and P226 SRT kits are not the same as the P227 SRT kit that is now available. (See TGS). The sear appears to be the same, but the safety bar is different. In the photo below, the P227 safety bar is on the left, P226 on the right.

It has been suggested that the P250 mags can be used in the P227. Once the baseplate is modified, it fits and works for the most part, but the feed lips on the P250 mag are slightly shorter. This led to some FTCs of hollow points in my experience. Using the P227 mags = no FTC issues.

Safety Bar P227 vs P226
P227 vs P226 SRT-1.jpg

Yea I held one the other day, it felt good, haven't shot one though, hope to soon, thanks for the feedback