• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MWM-5150

Minuteman
Nov 5, 2010
Springfield, MO
Does anyone have some extensive experience with these? Found a good deal on one locally, I just don't know if its a significant performance upgrade beyond the standard full-size 320.

It was made for USPSA Production - I have one and love it. The trigger is better than the factory 320, and the barrel is longer and heavier, so better sight radius and less felt recoil. If you can find a local USPSA match, I'd bet you'd find someone using one and ask them to shoot it.

Just picked one up today, put 250 through it. I LOVE IT! Like the trigger better than my zev's or any striker fired that I've shot and some hammers (maybe all). I'm kinda regretting ordering my DVC tactical now... it might just be the "new gun" excitement but I'm happy with it.

I finally had the chance to see one in person, and I gotta say I was a little disenchanted by the trigger. A word that comes to mind is "rough" or dare I say "mushy". Is this one an anomaly or do these things smooth out with use? Most of my DAO guns are glocks that have had some trigger refinement performed, just to give you perspective on where I'm coming from. I just thought on an $850 gun the trigger would feel a lot better...

Compared to my 1911's yes, it is some what mushy...but compared to any factory trigger in any striker fired gun I have shot, the X has the best trigger from the factory of any of them...

I haven't shot one but I have felt a couple at some shops. It's pretty much a pre upgraded pistol ready to go out of the box for competition. The balance felt great, the magazine well was large enough to actually assist unlike the Gen 5 Glocks haha. I would buy it but all the local dealers are charging a premium for them.

I come from a long history of Glock shooting. So when we got one of the X-5s in we took one out for a range day. Shot it and the DVC tactical. Liked the X-5 much better. If your into IPSC or USPSA it's a pretty great out of the box setup.

The grip unit is different as well.

I’ve come to find out that the DeltaPoints are just slightly longer than the mounting surface on the x5. About 1mm needs to be milled out of the slide to get it to fit. Other than that the DPP mounts right up.
I’m wondering about milling of a tiny portion of the DPP rather than the slide.

900 officer department where officers have to buy their own guns from an approved list. Sig P320 is on the list, including the X-Five. Currently we have about a dozen X-Fives and half a dozen X-Five VTACs on the street with zero issues, and that number is growing very quickly. They are very smooth shooting, accurate guns. Three of the guns have three different RDS mounted to them as part of our RDS T&E project. Thus far the X-Five has proven to be a very good gun and one that can legitimately shoot. First one was on the street about a year ago since our Rangemaster is on range staff with Sig Academy.