• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

SIG 516 - cutting down the barrel

Smitty192

Stand-up Philosopher
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2017
Deep East Texas
I’ve been itching for a 10.5” Sig 516

The specific model I’m looking for has been challenging to source. But I can find the model in a 16” barrel.

Has anyone cut back a barrel on one? Curious if it will have any negative impact on the gas system operation. If you’ve done it - who did it for you and did they alter the gas port?

Thoughts and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

They made a factory version in that length I thought, may be worthwhile trying to find one of those. There was a guy selling one on one of these forums, but I don’t remember if it was here or on the FalFiles. Maybe shoot him a message and see if they can measure

Parts kit and upper for auction on GB right now. Item number 954149621

I saw that one. I think that’s the one that was caked with carbon build up and the threads at the muzzle were a mess

There is a company that specializes in the 10.5 conversions, and if I remember right already has the correct port sizes sussed out for the conversion

Edit.*

Reactions: DangerRanger