• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sig 522

Camo_Cowboy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2009
Georgia
Anyone have a Sig 522 yet? I have been looking at one locally. Seems like a well built rifle. Thinking about getting one and putting a can on it.

Re: Sig 522

Their good little rifles. Mine is the green furniture one. It's more accurate than I figured it would be. The only thing I have against it is the long trigger pull.

I have had one for about a month and a half. So far it has run great. I have run mine with a suppressor and it has functioned well. It will even cycle well with subsonics.

Just ordered one today
smile.gif

I had one and the smoke/gas pooled in the receiver and works its way out the bolt cut in the receiver. With rapid fire you can see the smoke swirl out the cut where the bolt handle comes out of.

I shoot left handed and I got gassed to the point I could not breath and it burned my eye.
Anyone else have this problem? Empty a mag real fast and watch to see if smoke comes out the receiver.
I would like to know if this is a problem with the one I had or does all of them do this?
I would really like to know if it does it with a suppressor too.

As for shooting, the Sig-522 will eat anything you put in it. I used up ammo my Feather AT22, GSG-5 and 10/22 would not cycle. The Sig just ate it up. I even tried some 20+ year old 22's and only had one jam with the old not so good looking 22's.

I would really like to get another one but not if I can shoot it left handed without getting gassed.

I just picked up my 522 today that was on layaway. Put a through rounds through it. It is really fun. great feel.Only complaints so far are a horrid trigger. feels like a two stage then is just keeps going, going, going .....bang. Also the magazine is so damn tight in the magwell it is very,very difficult to push it in and pull it out. I don't know if I have to file the inside magwell or what. also was hoping the folding stock would lock in the folded position. Hopefully it will work out cause it is really fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hilbillee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Their good little rifles. Mine is the green furniture one. It's more accurate than I figured it would be. The only thing I have against it is the long trigger pull. </div></div>

I grabbed one last week just as they were coming off the truck. I have yet to fire it but I did fool with the trigger. It is quite long, almost like a double action. Seems like a well built rifle though, the price is certainly the best I've seen on any of the recent "clone" 22s now coming to market. Mags are a easy to come by.
Has anyone done any sort of ammo test?

ETA:
SCARLETT, have you checked out Sigforum? They have a few post for the Mag issue. Seemed to involve removing the screws and sanding a few passes on the inner seam.

The collapsible/folding stock is alittle wobbly and the detent for the stock along side the receiver is a joke.

The mag was tight but some silicone spray in the mag well on and mag helped. It still isn't drop-free. The mag release is small and shallow and difficult to manipulate.

The bolt felt smooth. I'll see how it runs today.

Have 5 mags, needed to sand top trailing side edge to get smooth fit.
Should get "rub marks" on mag to indicate where sanding is needed - not difficult fix.
Good luck, think you will really enjoy this well done little plinker - John

I called up Sig, they are sending me a new mag. I did sand the defective one on the inside. It does fit better but still sticks a little.I will sand more. UNFORTUNATELY, I took the gun apart two days ago and Bang!!. bolt pieces flying everywhere. Seems the stupid c-clip that retains the bolt recoil spring broke. I was already prepared for this as it has happened to a few others on AR15.com. Be prepared to buy a few 1/8" c-clips at home depot. I am going to call sig tomorrow and report it. They already know this but the more they hear of it the more likely they will wake up and redesign these parts. If it happens again I will have a machinist buddy make a new rod that doesn't need a stupid c-clip.

I purchased one last month and was able to shoot it for the first time last week. It ate up every brand of ammo i put thru it. I shot about 250 rnds. and not one FTF or FTE. I am running an Eotech 553 on it because i had one lying around not being used. Once the optic was zeroed i was able to keep all my shots inside an inch@ 50 YDS. Overall i am very pleased with it, no mag issues, or "e" clip issues.100% reliable. It was money well spent.