• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SIG 716 barrel commonality???

GreenGO Juan

Standing on the edge of forever.
Minuteman
May 27, 2021
Milky Way Galaxy
Curious about barrels. Is there parts commonality with the Sig -716 series to readily available Ar308/DPMS type barrels. Been searching around and read certain models will and others won’t.

Anyone know the yes, no, if, and, or why.

Reactions: GLD1980
had one, sold it I wanted a longer/heavy barrel couldn't find one
good luck

had one, sold it I wanted a longer/heavy barrel couldn't find one
good luck
Shot a buddies about 2 weeks ago, started research on them. Not finding much information. If anyone knows, they are sitting on it.

Found stuff like this( link below), but it’s pertaining to the piston driven model. Which claims an Ar308 bolt will head space and the barrel nut has Ar-10 threads, 1 7/16-18 tpi.

Another talking about swaping stuff up.

That’s about all I can fine on the Interwebs

I'm not really sure why there are so many threads on the aftermarket for this gun, which is noted to be pretty proprietary and is made by an mfg known for not supporting some products.

If you're looking so far down the line, it might be more worthwhile for you to buy into a platform that will have more support.

In general there is a lot more proprietary in AR10/AR308, and much less aftermarket- than with m4gery/AR15.

If one wants a longer barrel- buy the rifle configured that way from the start, or roll your own AR308.